SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the white!! welcome to the list!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Toto111
Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't recall how I found this place but it's refreshing to this sort of camaraderie and support.

It's incredible how many great comments I get about the GP White. This colour was really toward the bottom of my list. After a month
of living with it, I don't think I would have it any other way.
Congrats on a very hard to find car down under. I too purchase my last 993 in a colour that wan't really on my list, due to a tighter Canadian market, but after living with an Arena Red car I fell in love and it is now my favourite!!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! I love the white...one of my top 3 colors!

FD Motorsports = enablers

Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Your parts are shown as being at the Aus Post Ofiice...wait it says April 13th.....do you live in the future?!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

Welcome! Just wait'll you bolt on those Stage III's and fire her up! The grin will be so big, you'll look like a toothpaste commercial!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are doing all the right upgrades and are going to enjoy your ride immensly, I am sure.
Love GP over blk...perfect.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Toto111
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
Your parts are shown as being at the Aus Post Ofiice...wait it says April 13th.....do you live in the future?!
Checked earlier on, but which post office? These tracking sites don't give a lot of info.
Would have been great to start this weekend and book her in for an alignment later in the week.

Now.....us Aussies may be way down under but you guys need to wait until tomorrow to catch up!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car! I guess I was lucky, Darin only got me for a clutch, short shifter and golden rod!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Car looks great, enjoy.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Toto111
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
You know I just got a delivery at my office!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I ordered these last week. Under 10 days delivered to my door from the States...AMAZING!!!!!! Not to mention that the local Bilstein distributor retails these for $5700 here!

Kudos to FD
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
This car is a great buy, in great condition, interior is perfect.
The white looks so clean and fresh….

Theo turned up, in my driveway about half an hour after the purchase, with the biggest grin, it was like his first Christmas again, a big boy with a big toy.
Great to be part of Theo’s enjoyment, the experience I had when I purchased my 993.
Plus he had a 10 hour drive to get the car home, WOW….

I can remember talking to Theo that morning, about what he was going to do to the car, fix the must do’s straight away and then leave it 6 months to a year for the want to have’s,
I just laughed, thought that will last about a month, I was wrong, it did not last a week.
Theo changed the must do’s to new PSS10’s, Stage III’s, Golden Rod, FWD Rod, short shift kit, tyres, I bet there is more…………
Interesting, though, in Theo’s defense it was a 950 Klm trip home, so these part could of failed on the way, not likely…….but….
I might mention I was the person that did the pre-purchase check on the car and could not find any issue with the bits need to be replaced above.

It has been a great experience and good to see Theo is so happy with his 993,
Plus the phone calls telling me how good the 993 is, and discussing all the changes and what he should do/change/upgrade and what are the benefits ….. it has been such a buzz to be part of Theo’s 993 purchase.

FD Motorsports, Mark and Darin are the best......

Last edited by Neil Perry; 04-12-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Toto111
You know I just got a delivery at my office!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I ordered these last week. Under 10 days delivered to my door from the States...AMAZING!!!!!! Not to mention that the local Bilstein distributor retails these for $5700 here!

Kudos to FD
You are dealing with the best of the best when you are with FD.
(No affiliation except that I gave them alot of my money for parts!)

Originally Posted by Neil Perry
Hi
This car is a great buy, in great condition, interior is perfect.
The white looks so clean and fresh….

Theo turned up, in my driveway about half an hour after the purchase, with the biggest grin, it was like his first Christmas again, a big boy with a big toy.
Great to be part of Theo’s enjoyment, the experience I had when I purchased my 993.
Plus he had a 10 hour drive to get the car home, WOW….

I can remember talking to Theo that morning, about what he was going to do to the car, fix the must do’s straight away and then leave it 6 months to a year for the want to have’s,
I just laughed, thought that will last about a month, I was wrong, it did not last a week.
Theo changed the must do’s to new PSS10’s, Stage III’s, Golden Rod, FWD Rod, short shift kit, tyres, I bet there is more…………
Interesting, though, in Theo’s defense it was a 950 Klm trip home, so these part could of failed on the way, not likely…….but….
I might mention I was the person that did the pre-purchase check on the car and could not find any issue with the bits need to be replaced above.

It has been a great experience and good to see Theo is so happy with his 993,
Plus the phone calls telling me how good the 993 is, and discussing all the changes and what he should do/change/upgrade and what are the benefits ….. it has been such a buzz to be part of Theo’s 993 purchase.

I have always said that a good sale is one where the buyer and seller both get off on the experience of the car (or other item sold). This sounds like a great deal for both you guys. Good to see it over a really nice car.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:16 PM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Drive it stock for a while and then slowly start doing the upgrades. A stock 993 is sweet. Simple and charming and great to drive. Once you start upgrading it it will become a very different car and if you do too much too fast you will not remember the charming character of the pure 993.

That said - welcome to the gang and the slippery slope. If you ever get to Perth - give me a buzz.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 PM
p993enthusiast
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

993s are definitely a rare breed in Oz. Congrats on the purchase. One day I will bring mine back... one day...
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Just saw this. What a beautiful car! GPW/black is a rare find in 993-coupe land. Enjoy and PLEASE POST MORE PICS!

Quick Reply: Official intro and thanks.