Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of cars that were actually at the NYC Auto show yesterday :o)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 441 Posts
Default Pics of cars that were actually at the NYC Auto show yesterday :o)

6th trip in a row to the NYC Auto Show. Went with the Porsche Club from Lancaster/Hershey PA again. One gent I met on the bus bought a 356 coupe in 1964 at 17 years old and has kept it the entire 48 years since! Says it's in his barn and he hasn't driven it in a few years. I asked him if if he was worried the seals and other parts would get all messed up from just sitting there. He laughed and said that we wasn't worried about it, that they were built so well he doubted it would matter much. Interesting...

I thought it would pretty much be more of the same, kind of boring for me this year but it was actually better than ever. I love sitting in the back seats of beautiful and ordinary cars, the front seats too, looking at them from every angle, where it's the new white Kia Optima Hybrid or new orange Prius C to the giant Jaguar sedan's rear seat (amazing!!!). Love them all...as well as looking at all the pretty ladies strewn about the center. Beautiful eye candy.

I only took a few pics this year. Here ya go...
Oh yeah... cool to see Jager's car in person (and proud to see a 993 at the museum part of the show). Sorry I missed you yesterday in NY, Jager. Maybe in Hershey?

A friend and the new Accord Coupe Concept. Awesome looking car in person!

My new friend I made at the show )

I like...

Sitting in the backseat of a Porsche can be cool

Gorgeous

Always cool to see

Love

Requires large garage

My favorite car of the show by far. If only I had won the megamillions. This would be in my garage now (Black White)

Who's that guy that keeps popping up in my pics?

Lust

$$$'s

OMG, if I had the money...

Also love

Would love to drive, just once

Mmmmmmm

Another highlight of the show

Drew huge crowds with people's mouths hanging open

1940's Lincoln restored

Lincoln's heyday

This is when you wanted a Lincoln

Not bad

A VERY cool family sedan, the new Jaguar land yacht. Absolutely amazing interior. You have to see it to believe it

Bimmers

The future?

Cool lines...

One of the best parts of the day - Sarges Deli, a ritual for us

Yes, I finished it, quickly.

Love NYC architecture

Stunning tribute to the fallen and a seemingly great new rebuild

Didn't have time to wait in line to see this (2 hour wait)

So we went into the Hilton next to the WTC site and went up to the 30th (top floor). The bellhop told us we wouldn't see anything up there, no views at all.

We were in luck, a maid was cleaning a room in #3008 and she let us sneak in to take these quick pics. Amazing view, sad thoughts while viewing it. Hadn't been here in a couple of years and certainly didn't see this sight from the Hilton right next to the World Trade Center's 30th floor before. They told us the hotel was closed for 2 years as they redid the messed up facade from the destruction of the towers. We stood there in that hotel room in amazement thinking of what any guests who were there on 9/11 would have seen when the planes struck. Very sobering few minutes for us. Chills...

That's all folks. Hope you enjoyed the pics... Be SURE to check out the auto show if you get the chance. It's worth the 5+ hour trip we took starting in Rockville Maryland.

PS - if you owned the Veyron, here is your view from the cockpit. Very eye catching... (not my pic). The 2012 car is 1200 HP. 1200? Wow...

Last edited by Steve 96C4S; 04-08-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice to see Speedy in the Big Apple :-D man .. that car travels more than I do ;-P
Old 04-08-2012, 01:58 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

very cool, thanks for sharing!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:44 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Steve-- Perfect pix

All-- Greetings from Atlanta airport, about to make my connecting flight home. Already missing RL NYC friends!
(Have 1 to thank for getting my jalopy into the show.)

Hoping to return next 2 weekends.
Anyone inbound to the NYIAS: Speedy moves up to Level 2's South Concourse tomorrow (Mon).
Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S

cool to see Jager's car in person (and proud to see a 993 at the museum part of the show). Sorry I missed you yesterday in NY, Jager. Maybe in Hershey?
Hershey sounds great to meet in person.

Fun talking on the phone - your v-mail was classic

Originally Posted by JPP

Nice to see Speedy in the Big Apple :-D
Pope-- The city misses U; says >20 years is too long to be gone. Make it NY next weekend, and I'll do everything to re-live the NYC disco memories you told me about

My flight's boarding. Hope to see NY & RLers again soon!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:55 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by curve lover
Pope-- The city misses U; says >20 years is too long to be gone. Make it NY next weekend, and I'll do everything to re-live the NYC disco memories you told me about
Oh .. that would definitely require a severe shift in the current Space/Time Continuum .... and a serious wardrobe change! Not that there's anything wrong with that .. ... now where did I put that box with my platform shoes in it .....
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Oh .. that would definitely require a severe shift in the current Space/Time Continuum .... and a serious wardrobe change! Not that there's anything wrong with that .. ... now where did I put that box with my platform shoes in it .....
Are you typing in your undies again? That's better than Skyping in your undies.

Steve ~ Thanks for posting the pictures.
That Sandwich is AWESOME. I could gnaw on that thing for an entire week and still not eat it all.

Jager, I swear you are a marketing genius. I have no idea how you can get Speedie into all these shows. Genius I'm tellin' ya, MARKETING GENIUS. I think you should change careers. I'd hire you.
Hope all is well......
Old 04-08-2012, 11:44 PM
camlob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sandwich has enough meat to feed 5! Tnx for sharing the pics. I like the pics of the LFA
Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Great photos Steve. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Great shots, Steve. However, I'm a little disappointed you didn't taken even one shot with the requisite Rolex-on-the-wrist-pose shots you're known for around here
Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by camlob
That sandwich has enough meat to feed 5! Tnx for sharing the pics. I like the pics of the LFA
I have the appetite of 5 people then I guess. I scarfed it down rather quickly. I usually eat vegetarian but when I go to NYC I never miss a chance to have Sarge's corned beef and pastrami on rye with cole slaw and russian dressing, adding in some deli mustard as I'm eating it with a knife. Heaven.

And yeah, the LFA rocked!

There was a booth downstairs where instead of $250 they had a show special of $99 where you could drive a Ferrari or Lambo around the Meadowlands. I guess they have some sort of track set up there. It was good till October if you bought the ticket at the show. Seemed like a great deal and the tall blond with the face of an angel that was selling them made it seem like an sweeter deal. I resisted though... don't live anywhere near the Meadowlands.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RJT
Are you typing in your undies again? That's better than Skyping in your undies.
I'll never tell ...
"I was wandering around the garden in my pajamas when I saw an elephant! How he got into my pajamas, I'll never know ... " Groucho Marx
Old 04-09-2012, 02:26 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 200 Posts

I made it there on Friday morning before the big crowds showed up. There were three cars at that show I wouldn't hesitate to own, in this order:

1) The Avantador
2) The E63 AMG Wagon
3) The R8 GT Spyder

Audi's booth was the most exciting IMO. They have done a remarkable job with their new offerings over the last few years!

Porsche's booth was pretty decent and unlike previous years you could actually sit in pretty much all of the cars they had on display. The new Boxster is a very pretty car. So is the 911, I just wish it was 30% smaller...

Biggest disappointment - BMW. Their showcase was so stale. They had a couple of electric concept vehicles that looked interesting but the rest was so bland.

Jaguar has some nice cars, their interiors are just beautiful.

And I loved the amount of race cars they had at the show this time around! As well as a very special 993!

Here are some iPhone photos, hence the so-so quality.

2012 Lotus/Renault F1 in the Pirelli booth - I did a few laps around Monza in their simulator.

Some dude's "bucket of bolts"

Jason Judd's 968

RedBull's 2012 F1 car...

Vettel's helmet

Yum!

The NSX concept looks sexy!

The Boxster is cute!

Panamera GTS

More 991

It's funny how this Lexus LFA looks like a Nissan GT-R. I guess it's the Japanese "muscle" styling...

Love the Lotus!

The McLaren looks awesome as well, yet quite understated. Well, except for the doors...

The new Veyron...

Pure sex!! The lines on the Avantador are out of this world!

I WANT THIS!!

This looked pretty cool

And last but not least, the new Viper ALMS

Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Awesome pics. You got to get in more cars that we couldn't get into on Saturday (like the Boxster, it was locked when I was there).
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to cool thanks for the pictures.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:25 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Awesome pics. You got to get in more cars that we couldn't get into on Saturday (like the Boxster, it was locked when I was there).
I think they are more relaxed about it during "sneak peak Friday." There were kids climbing into the back seat of the 991 cab and trashing it and nobody cared. Pretty much all the cars on display were open, except for most of the BMWs, but their booth was such a let down to begin with.

Quick Reply: Pics of cars that were actually at the NYC Auto show yesterday :o)