Sponsored by:

CEL Question P1541 Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
coreseller
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Default CEL Question P1541 Code

I got a CEL tonight, read the code as P1541 and the scrolling info on the Actron Code Reader stated " Manf Control Veh Speed / Idle Speed Auxiliary Inputs". In running a prior search I've found the Fuel Pump DME Relay to be the source of this code, since my code gave me this info could it be Idle Air / Speed Control Valve instead, or in addition? Thanks.....Mark.

Update: Did a little more searching, reflowed the 2 problematic solder joints in the DME Relay (I'm going to pick up a solder extractor bulb tomorrow, my techno geek kid lost mine) and will remove and resolder all pins. Also stumbled upon Mike's P-Car DIY on the cleaning of the ISV, will complete that in the next few weeks when I get a chance. Lastly, after reading many posts on the DME Relay, I'm going to order a spare to keep in the car just in case. Sound about right to you guys?

Last edited by coreseller; 03-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, get a backup DME. I bought one years ago, installed it and put my perfectly functional one into storage in the trunk.

The old one was a 944 part number, worked perfectly while it was in. It's now sitting safely in the trunk for whenever an emergency arises.

Quick Reply: CEL Question P1541 Code