Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bruce Anderson's Values in Excellence magazine- What a joke!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 12:10 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 658 Likes on 320 Posts

Martin well said I have been at this for over 30 years now met Bruce on a number of occasions he and I always had a discussion about the US Carrera 2.7 Registry that I started he used to insist those car would not be worth much as they were just fancy 911s but I used to argue that the unique VIN of the cars would some day make a difference in values, mark up one for me, but that is the only time I was able to best him Bruce was a gift to our hobby and was a driving force for all it has become.
RIP Bruce
Rich
Old 02-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Bruce passed away a while back. Let's let him rest in peace without having his name associated with an unsavory practice.

For those of you that knew Bruce, met Bruce and know the the contributions in time and energy that he devoted to Porsche causes....this guy was a class act.

RIP Bruce
Bang on! I took one of his engine rebuilding courses that he did with Gerry Woods - Bruce did the engine histories and outlines, Gerry the actual hands on. Very good four solid days of instruction, and Bruce was definitely one of the "good" ones!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-07-2017, 02:15 PM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Could not agree more. Bruce was a true Porsche enthusiast. On one occasion I had less than positive comments about his performance handbook and he was both gracious and humble in his response. A true gentleman.

Quick Reply: Bruce Anderson's Values in Excellence magazine- What a joke!