993 Forum 1995-1998

Looking for a good P-Car mechanic in Honolulu Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 PM
mrsystems
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for a good P-Car mechanic in Honolulu Hawaii

I'm looking at buying a 993 in Hawaii and am wondering if anyone happens to know of a good place they'd recommend I take it for a Pre Purchase Inspection?
I've contacted the dealer but it'd be nice to have a few options, any tips are appreciated!

Also, if there's anyone out there LUCKY enough to live in Hawaii that might want to help me with a RennFax I'd really appreciate hearing from you!
That said if there's anyone who's curious about a car in the Portland Oregon area i'd be glad to do the same!

If you do have some info on a shop recommendation or can do a RennFax you can contact me directly via a PM thanks!

Last edited by mrsystems; 11-16-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

There is a member living there I did a rennfax for a couple of years ago. Kikka?, Kilka, Kiaka? I cant remember exactly. Really good guy, sent me a PCA Hawaii region tshirt for checking out the car for him.
Are you looking at a dark blue with tan interior? That was the one he bought and shipped from Florida.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
There is a member living there I did a rennfax for a couple of years ago. Kikka?, Kilka, Kiaka? I cant remember exactly. Really good guy, sent me a PCA Hawaii region tshirt for checking out the car for him.
Are you looking at a dark blue with tan interior? That was the one he bought and shipped from Florida.
Not me. I do have a place in Honolulu and go often, but I know nothing about P-mechanics over there.

If you need a great restaurant or beach recommendation, I can help with that.

OahuJames (surf instructor at Hans Hedman) is or was a Rennlister, but I don't think he is very active anymore, you might try to PM him. I spoke with him a while ago when I was there.

There are other HI Rennlisters as well that should be able to help you.

I was in Honolulu in Jan and could have done a rennfax had I known. I don't plan to be back until Oct.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

It's "Got*ki" ! Hey there is a k and an I.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 AM
mrsystems
Instructor

Thanks and let me know if you work out that username ;-)
Still looking for someone to do a Rennfax this week in Honolulu Hawaii
and or a recommendation for a good P car shop in the Honolulu, anyone?
Thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

It's "Got*ki"
He lives in HNL
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

"PAC996" is a car mechanic in Honolulu I think. He owns a 996 but was looking at a 964 to add to his collection a few months ago.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Not sure if Kelly Kim is still around, but it might be worth sending him a message. His user name is "kkim", and he lives in Hawaii.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
got*ki
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evansystems
I'm looking at buying a 993 in Hawaii and am wondering if anyone happens to know of a good place they'd recommend I take it for a Pre Purchase Inspection?
I've contacted the dealer but it'd be nice to have a few options, any tips are appreciated!

Also, if there's anyone out there LUCKY enough to live in Hawaii that might want to help me with a RennFax I'd really appreciate hearing from you!
That said if there's anyone who's curious about a car in the Portland Oregon area i'd be glad to do the same!

If you do have some info on a shop recommendation or can do a RennFax you can contact me directly via a PM or email to evansystems@verizon.net that'd be appreciated as well.
Hello Evan, Falcondrvr,
There are a few shops around town. I usually use Motorwerkes. I'll gather the names of the other shops and post them.
Aloha,
Russ
I can try and do a rennfax for you, but my knowledge is limited to the basics; belt, oil, fuel and other filter changes; that level of work. I can check for leaks and provide an overall condition of the car. LMK.

Did you actually find a 993 for sale here? They are few and far between. My recommendation would be to find something on the mainland and have it shipped over to Hawaii. You will not only be able to inspect it, you'll be able to get a better price in the process.

Let me know the details and I can follow-up for you.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Thank god you're not the seller! I have kicked myself for not snaking you on that car...(kidding)
Old 03-24-2012, 05:23 PM
mrsystems
Instructor

I've already done the PPI i went with a guy name Chris who owns a shop called ACE or Air Cooled Engines, love that name! He seemed to know what he was talking about and ended up doing a complete compression leakdown, car passed all parts of inspection with flying colors so it'll be on its way here, to the mainland, soon!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 PM
got*ki
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evansystems
I've already done the PPI i went with a guy name Chris who owns a shop called ACE or Air Cooled Engines, love that name! He seemed to know what he was talking about and ended up doing a complete compression leakdown, car passed all parts of inspection with flying colors so it'll be on its way here, to the mainland, soon!
Did you pick up Bennett's '95 Silver 993? He's an enthusiast. Hardback seats, Carrera Type III wheels, etc, etc,? He is on this board under the name of NUFF. If so, that car looked nice and he offered it at a great price too. Congrats!

Ahhh okay, glad you found a mechanic. I've never taken my car to Air Cooled. He's located smack dab in the middle of town. I see Porsches parked all over the surrounding area of his shop.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good P-Car mechanic in Honolulu Hawaii