Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wonder why watching this still makes me so emotional...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 441 Posts
Default I wonder why watching this still makes me so emotional...?

So I've seen this before multiple times. Most all of us have, unless you're a newbie here. I was sending this link (above) to my neighbor tonight after he said he was on You Tube recently watching all the 996TT videos he could find before buying his car (he got it last week).

After deciding to spend the 6 min 40 secs to watch this video again just now, I realized tears were rolling down my face. How odd. Tears? Really? Why I wondered? And at the end, I burst out laughing (in joy I guess).

I imagine tears were rolling down my cheeks because... I really love that little car of mine and the video captures it's greatness and relates it to the other things we cherish.

"Like everything, LIFE is a journey. A journey that begins with a beat of a heart. And the voice that comes with it...the voice that we haven't yet been conditioned to ignore, so we listen to what it tells us. We follow where it leads us, we trust it, were children...we are happy, but somewhere between then and now, we lose touch with the voice, no matter how closely it whispers, or how loud it cry's.

Instead are ears are tuned to other things, like the stock reports, 6 o'clock news, then one day, putting the forks in the dishwasher or mowing the lawn, we happened to catch the glimpse of joy in our children's faces....and we REMEMBER, what it felt like.
Remember ....what it felt like to listen to that voice in our hearts...and go with it. Then suddenly out of nowhere this SPARK of wisdom occurs. It becomes very clear. It's NOT to late. Your heart's still speaking. All you have to do is LISTEN."

I get goosebumps just re-reading this. I think the hair on my neck just stood up, too.

Damn tootin'!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 PM
CHRIS WU
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me.I love my 993 more and more as each day goes by,it will be hard to find a replacement,pehaps another 993?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

This made you cry? God help you if you ever rent "Old Yeller"
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
This made you cry? God help you if you ever rent "Old Yeller"
or Brian's Song

seriously, that was one of the better videos that Porsche made. I wonder what happened to my copy?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for posting this Steve. The last time I saw the video was at one of those sales kiosks in the Porsche exhibit in Toronto at the auto show when I was a dirt poor student in 1996.

I knew then what I know now.

This car would make it's way into my garage someday.

It took ten years...and that journey to get there is almost as good as the destination
Old 03-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't watch that one too many times.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Vorsicht
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I just saw it for the first time. Thanks for posting it. It gave me chills.....
Old 03-12-2012, 07:21 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My favoirite line is the one that says these cars "weren't created to be something to everyone but everything to someone."

Quick Reply: I wonder why watching this still makes me so emotional...?