Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on WHICH racing shells for dual use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
I've seen Profi XL shoulder holes installed in PP by owners, seems to be a nice solution. All you need to purchase is the hole trim.
Would doing something like that void the FIA certification? It'd be nice to get some bigger holes on my seats.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Nollie
Would doing something like that void the FIA certification? It'd be nice to get some bigger holes on my seats.
probably, but anything over a few years old is void anyway

for all practical purposes it does not compromise the seat integrity in any way.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've seen Profi XL shoulder holes installed in PP by owners, seems to be a nice solution. All you need to purchase is the hole trim.
Any idea what is involved in that? I would imagine a Dremel for the back, but wondering about cutting the leather and all that and not having it pull away from the trim?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

BTW...the leather seems to be a limiting factor...seems only the PP, GT3, or $$$GT2 in leather?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Why not lose the spam crap in your posts? I can't see anything in your posts-other than misfired images, but when I reply, you've got spam jpgs. What's up with that?
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, and have no idea why it shows you as quoting "Rose266." But if it is my fault, I would greatly appreciate someone letting me know how to repair it. It certainly isn't my intention to spam.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Benton
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, and have no idea why it shows you as quoting "Rose266." But if it is my fault, I would greatly appreciate someone letting me know how to repair it. It certainly isn't my intention to spam.
LOL. Ed wasn't directing that at you, Mark. Ed was quoting another user who chimed in, copied and pasted your first post and apparently had images or links that were spam. I first saw the post on my iPhone, but the phone didn't allow me to see the links. The user was banned and it looks like his posts were removed. Not sure how the name Rose266 got assigned to this person, but that sounds like something a moderator would be able to answer.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the explanation, Mark.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on WHICH racing shells for dual use?