993 Forum 1995-1998

Removeable Bra For 993

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jo-hans
Much appreciate the offer but we found one locally in California which saved a lot of time and shipping costs. Appreciate your response in support!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:02 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by ble2011
I bought a cheap one off eBay. I think it was $70 and had a Porsche part number. It had the velco straps that needed to be used under the weather striping in the trunk. I think this is to make sure there is no movement of the bra. I used it on my road trip to the Parade. I made sure I removed it when it rained and then wiped both sides down at night and let dry. When installing it the next day, I made sure the car was clean. I found that the straps over the fenders did leave faint marks on the first couple of days. I polished the marks out and add applied a coat of wax. I then used 2" painters tape on the fenders under the strap areas. You can see the tape on the second pic. After 4000 miles, it did not leave any marks whatsoever and the front end was perfect. The vinyl bra may be old school, but worked perfectly for me and I would use it again.
Great idea on the painters tape, I have travelled 3000 Miles so far, no damage at all however I have not looked where you have the tape but I do know that dirt and grime builds up under the top edge of the hood bra and that could be another area that could use some tape. All in all I am satisfied with the results of using it this far especially when I have received a chip in my windshield, I did get it repaired right away to elliminate and further damage and it is nearly impossible to find afterward so I am pleased that is all that happened, just 1400 Miles to go. . . .
Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by JimPA
I've got a MagBra, which is no longer made. I haven't used it for about eight years. It protects the front half of the trunk and around the headlights but not the front bumper cover or sides of the front fenders like a Colgan. The same clean car use precautions apply.

Send me an email address if you're interested and I'll send you a few photos.
Thanks for the offer, we found a new one on EBay and has worked well for the trip so far, I will only use it for a long trip otherwise it will sit on a shelf like yours for 8 years or more!!!! Much appreciate your support and offer!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by saxony_wu
I have a brand new never used factory bra available. It came with the car when I bought it. I'm in Toronto. Send me email if interested. Thanks.
saxony_wu@yahoo.com
Thanks, appreciate your support, found one in LA and all is ggod, Now in Toronto, 3000 Miles was well worth the investment of $75.00. . . . .
Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kika
I have a Colgan bra. the first owner purchased it, and it got passed to the 2nd owner, and then to me with the car. I modified it to accommodate the RS splitters.

(I have MAD Sewing SKILLZ!)

it has the velcro tabs, but they don't really need to be used as there is a piece that runs along the side of the bra that tucks under hood and holds the bra down by the hood.
I think the velcro just holds the bra in place while the hood is open.

there are hooks covered with felt to hold the bra around the fenders.

I do not use the bra very often, just on long road trips. for around town, I do not use it.
Thanks for the offer, as you know we found one on EBay for $75.00 and I drove it to Toronto. . . Arrived last evening without a mark on the front end, had 1 chip in windshield and a quick repair made it disappear. . .almost, I am pleased that is all that happened after all the road construction between LA and Toronto. Appreciate all your support and offer!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by ehanauer
Bras are so 1980s.
Only required when you need protection and then they are priceless, I have had damage from wood chips flying out of the back of a pickup in Boston on my 88 Targa and I didn't think I was even getting any by being 4 lanes over but when I got to my destination at the Zone 1 Concours in Framingham, Mass the lower Dam was loaded with paint chips, I was not pleased howefver we still won 1st place in our division for the peoples choice award against 20 or so in our division. You can see them in this picture. . .
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Removeable Bra For 993