Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Removeable Bra For 993

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a cheap one off eBay. I think it was $70 and had a Porsche part number. It had the velco straps that needed to be used under the weather striping in the trunk. I think this is to make sure there is no movement of the bra. I used it on my road trip to the Parade. I made sure I removed it when it rained and then wiped both sides down at night and let dry. When installing it the next day, I made sure the car was clean. I found that the straps over the fenders did leave faint marks on the first couple of days. I polished the marks out and add applied a coat of wax. I then used 2" painters tape on the fenders under the strap areas. You can see the tape on the second pic. After 4000 miles, it did not leave any marks whatsoever and the front end was perfect. The vinyl bra may be old school, but worked perfectly for me and I would use it again.
Attached Images   
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Great idea to use the painters tape. I hae a bra I use on road trips as well and painters tape is a little xtra protection.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:31 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Kika
I have a Colgan bra. the first owner purchased it, and it got passed to the 2nd owner, and then to me with the car. I modified it to accommodate the RS splitters.

(I have MAD Sewing SKILLZ!)

it has the velcro tabs, but they don't really need to be used as there is a piece that runs along the side of the bra that tucks under hood and holds the bra down by the hood.
I think the velcro just holds the bra in place while the hood is open.

there are hooks covered with felt to hold the bra around the fenders.

I do not use the bra very often, just on long road trips. for around town, I do not use it.
Ah great shot overlooking Lunada Bay...one of the best surf spots anywhere. Miss it at times.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:44 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jef3380
Does anyone know where one can purchase a high quality removeable bra for a 993 coupe that does not require adding the velcro fasteners?

Thanks.
Speed Lingerie
http://www.speedlingerie.com/
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
JimPA
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I've got a MagBra, which is no longer made. I haven't used it for about eight years. It protects the front half of the trunk and around the headlights but not the front bumper cover or sides of the front fenders like a Colgan. The same clean car use precautions apply.

Send me an email address if you're interested and I'll send you a few photos.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
saxony_wu
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a brand new never used factory bra available. It came with the car when I bought it. I'm in Toronto. Send me email if interested. Thanks.
saxony_wu@yahoo.com
Old 08-04-2012, 01:00 PM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saxony_wu
I have a brand new never used factory bra available. It came with the car when I bought it. I'm in Toronto. Send me email if interested. Thanks.
saxony_wu@yahoo.com
This one? http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/pts/3153204523.html
Old 08-04-2012, 04:38 PM
E_T
Instructor

Interesting, this bra business. I am based in Europe and I have never, ever seen a car with a bra fitted on it. Not once.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by E_T
Interesting, this bra business. I am based in Europe and I have never, ever seen a car with a bra fitted on it. Not once.
I've driven quite a bit in Europe, and a) roads are typically in better shape, unlike our deteriorating system and b) with the terrain in the Western US, there a lot of small rocks and sand that can take its toll. So, I don't find fault with someone who looks to use a bra on a cross-country trip. Simply my observations.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:22 PM
E_T
Instructor

I've only driven in the eastern part of the US, and eastern parts of Canada. I was really quite impressed by the road standards, although I never really strayed off the beaten tracks. Not at all a judgement on the use of bras, wish I had one myself on recent trips from Vienna to Italy and to Budapest (although in the latter instance a permanent umbrella would have been more appropriate).
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 PM
beagling
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lcorkum
Does anyone have one to sell, I need one for a cross country trip from LA to Halifax, Nova Scotia. If they don't want to sell it will they rent it or whatever. I ordered one through Pelican and they said I couldn't get it until Sept. 28, that's 2 Months. Barring this does anyone know a Dealer who might have one?

I have 30 Days to get one in LA where the car is.

Thanks,
Lloyd
7-30
I have a Colgan bra in excellent condition. Used only a handful of times . Comes with Porsche logo bag. $75 . PM me if interested.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 AM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I much prefer the no-bra look....
Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Default Requested Bra. . . .

Thanks everyone for sending your offers and /or comments, they were well appreciated and just shows the different views on a simple concept!!!

Chuck found me a Bra on Ebay for $75.00 and it was an original Porsche 993 Factory Bra, great price, I had it shipped to his house and he installed it for me so when I got there everything was installed and ready to go.

I didn't however follow advice of not washing with the Bra on, there was just so much road grime it needed a rinse on a couple of occassions. The Bra is now off and there does not appear to be any damage to the paint from the water under the Bra since it has been raining off an on the past couple of days and never really had a chance to dry out, most of the rain came at night so we lucked out with overcast days following.

Car will get a good buffing when I arrive home on the 14th but for now the Bra will go back on to complete my journey to Halifax, another 1400 Miles. . .

It really protected the front of the car, there were many times where there was a lot of dust and grime from the road as well as chips flying out of pickups so I was grateful to have it on.

I added a cool Pic we took in front of Denny's, a Retro-Look Diner, everything was so shiny and clean with so much detail, I thought the car would look good beside it and show of the Bra that worked so well for the trip. . .

If you want to see more on the trip check on this thread. . . .

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ferrerid=44637

Thanks for all your support, it was much appreciated!!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by beagling
I have a Colgan bra in excellent condition. Used only a handful of times . Comes with Porsche logo bag. $75 . PM me if interested.
Thanks for the offer, had we not found one on ebay we would have taken your offer for the same price. Much appreciated, see message below I finally responded to all the kind offers and comments, there are all appreciated and shows the strength of this community to pull together and help out where possible, Thanks again! Much Appreciated!!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:52 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by inkatouring
I much prefer the no-bra look....
I hear ya!!! However a long road trip would surely show some wear and tear!!!

Cheers!!!

Quick Reply: Removeable Bra For 993