Rear Seat Delete Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Seat Delete Pricing

Hi Guys,

I'm contemplating selling my Rear Seat Delete - I bought it years ago from a fellow Rennlister and it has been sitting in a box in my storage unit ever since. Now, I'm not sure if I'll ever use it and was curious to see what it is worth. Any advice, feedback and comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

Damien
Old 02-10-2012, 10:41 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I think the last sale around here was around $500... but it's been awhile. Cactus? Calling Cactus... To the RSD emergency phone
Old 02-10-2012, 10:45 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Color?

Location?

Coupe or Cab?

Please don't be black, midwest and coupe, I have enough stuff already

It's been 7 minutes, how many PM's have you received
Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Yeah, I could be tempted by a black, coupe RSD anywhere close to California...maybe you could add more info about it?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

It is Marble Grey and I purchased it for my Cab. I believe it came out of a cab (not sure if there is a difference between an RSD for Coupes or Cabs).

I do know that I paid much more than $500 for it...would rather keep it if that is the going rate.

The folks at Gahh quoted me $650 to recover it to match my interior (Classic Grey).

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a difference between the cab version and the coupe version. I would peg the going price as $850 these days.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:12 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Damien Lewis
It is Marble Grey and I purchased it for my Cab. I believe it came out of a cab (not sure if there is a difference between an RSD for Coupes or Cabs).

I do know that I paid much more than $500 for it...would rather keep it if that is the going rate.

The folks at Gahh quoted me $650 to recover it to match my interior (Classic Grey).

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks!
Thank goodness it's grey and from a cab. If it were black and from a coupe, I'm in Los Angeles, and I'd be driving over with the cash!

Best of luck. I have a feeling you won't have a hard time getting rid of it, and I would think it'd fetch around $750 at least.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm in LA and have a marble grey coupe. How big of a difference is there between the coupe and cab versions?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:43 AM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in San Diego with a cab. Let me know if you peg a price on it.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:59 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sdcabrio
I'm in San Diego with a cab. Let me know if you peg a price on it.
Yeah, but you've got cashmere.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:40 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Damien Lewis

Hey Damien, sorry, I didn't mean to say that's todays value, just remembering what I'd seen go down here and it's been a looooong time ago since we've seen one for sale at all here, so I'm sure it will sell for a lot more than that. It also really depends on condition as well. As far as I know, the only difference between Coupe and Cab are the addition of those annodized metal bars at the forward edge to help keep cargo in place .. other than that, nothing. Also, I believe all 964 RSD's have to be slightly shaved along the side edges to clear the 993 interior side panels .. but there are several folks on here that have done the conversion who can attest to what has to be done. Very rare part .. let the market take it's course!

Here's a Cab with RSD and annodized bars:

and .. here's a coupe:
Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 AM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say at least $800 plus. It might take longer to sell but as others have said it's rare, and someone with the money will want it, regardless of the price. I bought mine a couple of years ago for $700 or so, but then had to pay to new carpet etc. GLWS
Old 02-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
I think the last sale around here was around $500... but it's been awhile. Cactus? Calling Cactus... To the RSD emergency phone
I actually bought one a while back that I am in the process of restoring. House projects, injured parent, medical conditions, etc. have been holding up the process. Coming soon......
Old 02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Ultimately it is up to a buyer offers and what Damien will accept.

It is tough to gauge because there are very limited market reference points,which certainly is an indication of itself.

I would love one, but I have accepted that they are likely more than I am willing to pay.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's always appreciated!

I'm still on the fence. On one side, i'm leaning towards recovering it to match the interior of my cab (Classic Grey) and having it installed....but, the flip side is telling me that it will continue to fester in my storage unit (i'm trying to downsize it) and I won't ever use it.

I hate to say it...call me a sucker. But I paid more for the darn thing than any price that has been posted..I guess when I bought it, I figured I just had to have it and that they rarely ever come around.

Damien

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Delete Pricing