Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leather Seat Repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Robert993TT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I let a franchise to this company fix the drivers seat on one of my cars with good result.
http://colorglo.com/
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Lloyd
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my bolster repaired last week for $100. I watched the "artist" during the whole process. Definitely some tricks to doing it right. He also had several different liquid solutions he applied to the surface. These guys typically have a mobile service and go from car dealer to car dealer. Check with your local Porsche, BMW, Benz Service Manager and ask who they use.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
i agree with JPP. There are upholsters that are artists with this. Its not that expensive. ... Came out perfect. Was a couple hundred total. Maybe even a little less.
Originally Posted by Lloyd
I had my bolster repaired last week for $100. I watched the "artist" during the whole process. Definitely some tricks to doing it right.
The Dynamix leather dye kits for Porsche start at $70 (£43.50 with shipping) and that is just 65ml, enough to do one seat face only... risk of doing it wrong .. risk of mismatched color ... risk of spilling dye on, well, anything within 100 feet of the work area ... seems like an easy decision to me ..
Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

One more suggestion: Transfer your passenger seatback to the driver's side and put the repaired seat on the passenger side. Then repair will definitely last a long time.

I have just the slightest about of wear on the driver's bolster, not enough to bother me yet. BUT, I kept getting in the car and looking over at my 100% mint passenger seat and started thinking there was an opportunity to improve things. It's like no one has ever sat in the passenger seat in the last 20 years.

Now with the seat on the other side the slight wear mark is almost not visible to me and I have a mint (upper) driver's seat again. The bonus is that the bolster feels brand new and I fit in just a little more snug than before.

It's a mod everyone should think about.

Here's the tread I shared on the 964 forum:
switching seatbacks (for that new seat feeling)
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=19642

Quick Reply: Leather Seat Repair