Even more surprised its not a Hyundai
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I'm just surprised Quad actually is passionate about a car
He's not; he's ing

Why else would he post about these F cars to the 993 board especially when he expects the board to pan the videos:

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
unsurprised by the responses from this crowd.
I'll admit that the 250 and 330 are glorious cars, but the yellow 330 video is just pointless, and the 250 sounds lackluster and uninspiring.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are too much. Earlier today Steve posts pictures of his new shoes, slow news day he says. Now comes Quadcammer with some Ferrari videos and you flame him. I don't think he needs me coming to his defense but aren't we car enthusiasts as well as Porsche owners?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 PM
The Flying Dutchman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really really really like old Ferrari's, but most old Porsches are epic.

To demonstratie (incorrect title of vid, it's not my vid). First open up your speakers a little bit more:

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

That was a blast, thanks for posting.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by solomonschris
You guys are too much. Earlier today Steve posts pictures of his new shoes, slow news day he says. Now comes Quadcammer with some Ferrari videos and you flame him. I don't think he needs me coming to his defense but aren't we car enthusiasts as well as Porsche owners?
It's the whole troll thing.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
It's the whole troll thing.
Yep...
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

aren't we car enthusiasts as well as Porsche owners?
No! Just Porsche enthusiasts
Old 01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Quad is a very knowledgeable guy, and an asset to this board overall, in my opinion. He just enjoys playing the contrarian, sometimes to a fault. I've seldom come across someone so young who can also be so crusty and crotchety!

I often remind myself that he's in his late 20s and, as we all are, is a work in progress. When his wisdom and life experience match his deep knowledge of cars, I suspect he will be an even greater asset to this board and anywhere else he goes.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Ed, that is a little too concise for me. I have read enough of Quads ( or is it Oliver) to see he is quick to correct or call "bulls*it", but he also takes a lot of time to respond to questions from the likes of guys like me. I spent my life in the yacht repair business. I learned that many guys have a psycho-sexual relationship with their boats...this rarely derives to their benefit. We Porsche owners can suffer from the same malady (nothing can be said to criticize our cars, there are no other cars worth considering in fact we don't want to be exposed to anything that could disrupt out opinion). This is not true of all or even most yacht or P-car owners. A perfect example of what I am feebly trying to say: a few days ago a newby (I think) asked about winterization. He got advice that sounded like he needed to prepare the Mona Lisa for interstellar transport. This is not to say that any of the advice would hurt his car but it sure was over the top. Scott Melor advised moving South, which caused me to laugh out loud. Quad called bulls*it by saying it was over thinking the problem, pointing out it was a car. I haven't been around this forum very long but I think guys like Quad (as long as there are not too many of them) keep places like this healthy, honest and interesting. Just my opinion.....Chris
Old 01-22-2012, 08:23 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was a "car enthusiast" I would go to a "car enthusiast" forum. Not a Porsche 993 forum.....
Old 01-22-2012, 08:25 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

I think guys like Quad (as long as there are not too many of them) keep places like this healthy, honest and interesting.
Very well put, and I agree completely. I also respect Quad's ability to "keep it real". Yes, sometimes he's brutal, but it's nice to have counterbalance to all the 993 fawning that can take place here...
Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

There are plenty here with more knowledge than he has. I've done fine without looking at any of his advice. But basically, I get tired of the trite "ho-hum" crap he spews about the cars this forum is based on. I can't figure out why he didnt stick to his mustang, since he doesn't have much good to say about Porsches.

I like a vast array of cars. I happen to recognize the rear-engined Porsche as a special car, particularly the air-cooled versions. He seemingly goes out of his way to point out every weakness. I don't view that as honest at all.

Ed, that is a little too concise for me. I have read enough of Quads ( or is it Oliver) to see he is quick to correct or call "bulls*it", but he also takes a lot of time to respond to questions from the likes of guys like me. I spent my life in the yacht repair business. I learned that many guys have a psycho-sexual relationship with their boats...this rarely derives to their benefit. We Porsche owners can suffer from the same malady (nothing can be said to criticize our cars, there are no other cars worth considering in fact we don't want to be exposed to anything that could disrupt out opinion). This is not true of all or even most yacht or P-car owners. A perfect example of what I am feebly trying to say: a few days ago a newby (I think) asked about winterization. He got advice that sounded like he needed to prepare the Mona Lisa for interstellar transport. This is not to say that any of the advice would hurt his car but it sure was over the top. Scott Melor advised moving South, which caused me to laugh out loud. Quad called bulls*it by saying it was over thinking the problem, pointing out it was a car. I haven't been around this forum very long but I think guys like Quad (as long as there are not too many of them) keep places like this healthy, honest and interesting. Just my opinion.....Chris
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Ralph, My guess is that of all of the "marque" forums, the 993 forum includes the highest percentage of true car enthusiasts. We own a wide variety of high performance sedans as well as motorcycles. Since my Porsche ownership began in 1965 and continues to this day I don't think my Porsche enthusiast bona fides need establishing. Whether it is finance, medicine, politics, philosophy or even our passions we benefit from challenges to our positions. Lovely flachbau by the way.....Chris
Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first POS had a radio shack part in the dash for a blinkr stalk.

Quick Reply: OT: OMFG