Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Is this a good Jack Stand location

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Brinkley
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C4S993- Unfortunately, I just purchased the car and it already had the suspension installed so I do not know what stock looks like or which parts have to be changed to make the PSS10's fit. All my Porsche experience is with 986 and 996 parts and pieces. I have 23 days experience with 993.

Regarding ride quality, when I picked the car up, it was set at 7 all four corners. The ride was very stiff and every crack made the car shutter. The center console where the sunroof switch is vibrated so bad the switches fell out, back into the console.

First thing I did when it was in the air was adjusted all corners to 1. That helped tremendously. It is still stiff but that is what I wanted or I would have focused on a stock set up car to purchase.

I hope mine is correctly installed based on your post?.? I wouldn't know what should be there or not. As I'm under it more I hope to learn quickly. My first mode and the reason the car's on jack stands is, I am installing a Rothsport shifter connected to the FD Motorsports forward hime joint rod and rear golden rod shift kit.

Quick Reply: Is this a good Jack Stand location