Sponsored by:

Low mile 993 for sale on PCA website

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
This is worse than a fraternaty house gang bang.
Actually, I find this analogy extremely objectionable.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Hey guys. Enough already. This is worse than a fraternaty house gang bang. We are all a bit older, and hopefully smarter, so lets move on.

MODERATORs - Time to take whatever action(s) you believe are appropriate within the governance and rules of Rennlist.
Poor, poor deadhead; he's just so misunderstood.

Your personal relationship with deadhead1960 has colored your ability to see his patent deception with any objectivity. Furthermore, this is not a gangbang (huh?). This is about forum members voicing their opinions about a very controversial figure who clearly lacks transparency in his commercial/quasi commercial car sales.

I'll ask this of the other members again: did deadhead1960 tell both of you that he was selling his own "personal" cars or did he state that he was a flipper/car dealer? Time and time again, DH refuses to answer. None of this would have occurred if he had been more open with the nature of his sales, and that is the essence of this discussion.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Poor, poor deadhead; he's just so misunderstood

Your personal relationship with deadhead1960 has colored your ability to see his patent deception with any objectivity. Furthermore, this is not a gangbang (huh?). This is about forum members voicing their opinions about a very controversial figure who clearly lacks transparency in his commercial/quasi commercial car sales.

I'll ask this of the other members again: did deadhead1960 tell both of you that he was selling his own "personal" cars or did he state that he was a flipper/car dealer? Time and time again, DH refuses to answer. None of this would have occurred if he had been more open with the nature of his sales, and that is the essence of this discussion.
Mark,

You have a great reputation of being an important contributor to Rennlist and I have usually enjoyed your in your face style and learned from many of your posts about 993s. But not this thread and the ones that have preceded it. It seems like everyone likes to bait you into a freenzy of hate commentaries.

Don't you think it is time to move on? You have made your point. We have heard your views. We get it. What response are you looking for? And from whom? Every add-on commentary by some is not furthering the point. If your goal is to hit a million views, try to do it in the Off Topic section so it does not interfere with Porsche enthusiasts who are not part of your a mission to nail Deadhead to the cross.

If Deadhead or anyone else have violated the Rennlist rules, let the moderators take action. If you feel so strongly about it, speak directly with the moderators.

Let's get back to discussing Porsches.

Last edited by mjsporsche; 01-30-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Gents, RonCT who moderates this forum asked me to step in since he's swamped with "real life" lately.

1) Deadhead was informed that posting cars for sale here, posing as an enthusiast selling his personal cars was no longer tolerated. Members are indeed encouraged to sell their personal cars here. Without going back and searching for a while I seem to recall that Deadhead sold 9 "personal" cars in less than a year. That's a business and requires a sponsorship.

2) Rennlist is still a Member supported community - a rarity in the IB family. John D wanted it this way and IB accepted his wish. When I signed on as admin, I promised to carry on the tradition of a community of enthusiasts helping each other. Nobody can do it as well as John Dunkle, but I'm trying hard. Besides, I hate those pop up, banners and interpost ads seen on the other sites. I also dislike people who try and use Rennlist for personal gain without paying for the privilege. That speaks to their honesty IMHO.

3) User "yaakov" has the same IP address as deadhead - something a few of you suspected. After I post this, yaakov and deadhead will be banned since it is a major no-no to have multiple accounts on Rennlist, especially under the circumstances.

I think that brings things to a close and I'll end this thread now.

Best,

Quick Reply: Low mile 993 for sale on PCA website