Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Last efforts before calling the hook...'95 C2, won't start after engine R&R.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:45 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Travis -- For the ECU adaptation try this:

1) Put the key in the ON position without starting the car, leave it for 3 minutes
2) Start car and let idle for three minutes, turn off (no clutch/throttle)
3) Perform three cold starts

If that doesn't help try again, with the A/C on

I have a Wong chip, if your car is immobiliser free you're welcome to try it. (1-3 above are from the chip installation instructions.) I have a stock chip somewhere too...
Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 PM
MDamen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new RS clutch was very light when it was new. I'm getting used to it now. I also replaced the master and slave cylinders at the same time, but I think it is the clutch.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 AM
TravisB
Pro

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Travis -- For the ECU adaptation try this:

1) Put the key in the ON position without starting the car, leave it for 3 minutes
2) Start car and let idle for three minutes, turn off (no clutch/throttle)
3) Perform three cold starts

If that doesn't help try again, with the A/C on

I have a Wong chip, if your car is immobiliser free you're welcome to try it. (1-3 above are from the chip installation instructions.) I have a stock chip somewhere too...

I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see how it goes..but yeah, I don't have the immobilizer, so sooner or later I will have to try it out! Can't go Wong with that offer..nyuck nyuck nyuck..

Originally Posted by MDamen
My new RS clutch was very light when it was new. I'm getting used to it now. I also replaced the master and slave cylinders at the same time, but I think it is the clutch.

Yeah, it was light but the friction point was very gradual. Even with my thick boots on it was still easy to drive, I'll have to hold judgement until I have normal shoes on I guess! Did the feel change much once the clutch was broken in?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

TravisB(rawny),
Bravo!!! From the initial time lapse videos, to the avatar change and admission of guilt, to the collapse on the floor! Simply, Bravo!

Its awesome to see the camaraderie and help given by many of your fellow RLers which was key! To paraphrase Chris Walrod...."This IS a great place!"
Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S993
Travis, I am curious what the ride is like as you have your PSS9/10 shock perch all the way down on the perch threads.

I ask as I have my 993 C4S perch showing about 2" of threads and the rear is bone jarring.

Do you have more shock absorbation with the rear springs looser due to the low perch setting /

Thanks
The Targa was not at the full stops, but close - I put in an extra locking ring on the rears and it was pretty well at the bottom with that ring.

I actually raised it about 3/4" after I sold it - the new owner did not like the ride (its very firm), and was getting the suspension to bottom, the shock was completely to its bottom. I think he drove it a bit harder than I did on the streets, and has three in the car, with me its one. After raising it up a bit, that problem went away, but the ride was still quite firm. I had M030 bars in the front, and an RS bar set full soft in the rear.

Cheers,

MIke
Old 01-16-2012, 02:51 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Travis, sounds great, good that you went for a spin to try it out. I spent 1/2 day replacing a hot water dispenser in the kitchen to keep the wife happy, and the other 1/2 working on Scarlett, so my wife is quite happy that I did not go to the US. The car is on the lift, stripped her down and did a full polish. I replaced both the front and rear rubber seals on the windows - godamn hard on the thumbs getting that back in. Anyways, there is snow on the ground, more coming, so its time for working on cars..

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-16-2012, 02:57 AM
MDamen
Pro

Originally Posted by TravisB
Even with my thick boots on it was still easy to drive, I'll have to hold judgement until I have normal shoes on I guess! Did the feel change much once the clutch was broken in?
It has happened so gradually, I'm not sure, but it might require a bit more effort now, after 1000 miles. It is still a bit difficult to get a smooth engagement.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow...what a cliffhanger. Not sure how I missed this whole thread.

Glad to see it resolved. Kudos to you for sticking with it and to all of the Rennlist brothers that stepping in to help. Gold stars and all! Another Rennlist classic.

Quick Reply: Last efforts before calling the hook...'95 C2, won't start after engine R&R.