Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear spoiler options (currently turbo spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
993::hb
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear spoiler options (currently turbo spoiler)

Ideally I would like to have a spoiler not as big as the turbo spoiler - preferbly oem motorized version.

How costly will this be to change this? I found an OEM rear deck lid with motorized spoiler (no motor). Do any of you have this but non-functioning? Is that weird? I don't think i really need the added down force from the oem motorized spoiler. How involved and $$$ is it to get it all working?

Alternatively:

Duck spoiler
RS spoiler

Other suggestions?

THnaks!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:04 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Where are you located? Do you have the OEM turbo spoiler? What color is it painted? I ask because you may very well be able to find someone willing to swap a stock deck lid for your turbo spoiler... especially easy if the colors match and no painting will be required. BTW, the Turbo S spoiler is not quite as wide as the standard turbo spoiler, if that makes a difference to you. It looks nice on a narrow body car.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:07 PM
993::hb
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Switzerland now..so might be tough. Black car
Old 12-31-2011, 04:36 AM
SwissSC
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello from Switzerland

I am from Switzerland too and I am currently retrofitting the oem spoiler. some work involved if you have the parts as a puzzle. Incidentely my car stands in Oberwil near to you, so that should be near to you;-). If you like the "small" RS spoiler then look into ricardo. My car is polar silver. I am selling it or PM me in German if you have any more question.

Gruess
Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The ducktail is new to me and I am excited about it. The look is great, it saves a ton of weight in the rear and was relatively cheap. If you like the look, it might be an good option. Oh, easy instal too.

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler options (currently turbo spoiler)