Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally...I'm a 993 owner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car - congrats! I assume you have "driving" weather all year around in Dubai? jealous!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 PM
pcarhiway
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Cams 993 C4S

Well thanks to the Rennlist community and website we were able to put together a deal from Wyoming to Dubai. Cam is a great 993 enthusiast and the way I understand it the car will be back in North America someday. This 993 Carrera 4S was originally from Connecticut and Long Island with a stop in Wyoming and the Rocky Mountains. My daughter and I had a wonderful farewell tour in it out to Rennsport Reunion IV and now the car gets to continue on across the globe to Dubai.

The 993 has a much older sibling that will be taking its place in the garage, an Albert Blue 1970 911 E. Wonderfully original and only 72500 miles from new.

Bruce Ladd
Pcarhiway
Attached Images  

Last edited by pcarhiway; 12-22-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Resize photo
Old 12-22-2011, 11:12 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car. Nice color combo.

Emerald
Old 12-23-2011, 12:30 AM
pcarhiway
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Westward bound on the way to RR IV

Moonlit night near Shoshoni, WY, only 1150 miles to Laguna Seca...
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm so excited I can't wait!!!

Yes, Bruce is correct that the car will come to me here in Dubai for a year and then I presume we'll end up moving back to Canada and the car will simply come with.

Dubai's roads are brand new 6 lane asphalt glory with higher speed limits that enable spirited driving. I've not had a sports car with me for 2 long years so this will be a nice homecoming of sorts.

I had a 06 997, really enjoyed it and its more modern comfort and features however I've always lusted for the 993. I have a few friends with 993's and the looks, sound, and history can't be beat.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 AM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Beautiful C4S cams! Ocean Blue Metaliic/cashmere is really a great combo, a top favorite color of mine besides glossy black and riviera blue. I truly would've bought one if it was available at the time I was looking.

I was going to ask about the roads in Dubai, but just noticed your post about them so I'm happy you'll be able to have some full throttle bang through the gears fun!! It will give you some time to master the clutch and utilize the 4wd grip for some hardcore launching. <- I love to rip 1st gear clutch dumps in my C2. I've never owned a car that can launch so well like my 993. Guess it has a lot to do with the rear engine rwd layout that immediately pushes the carrera so well WOT!! Soo fun to embarrass GT mustangs which are my lastest kills ..lol

Anyway, rambled on a bit, but I wanted to ask if you already had particular mods planned for you're new C4S? A set of WB fitment BBS LMs with gold painted meshy centers and polished lips would like killer imo. I would personally rock those wheels on your car because imho ocean blue with gold wheels would be choice imo I'm going to paint my AG-CUP spokes a BBS gold color to go with my glossy black paint C2.
Looking forward to pics of her in Dubai. Enjoy
Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

sander97C2,

Oh the slippery slope of mods...I'll admit I've already been on the FD motorsports page looking at the Bilstein PSS10 suspension. I am a wheel fan and have seen some great choices out there like the BBS LM's (popular choice) but not sure of gold center looks. I'm not a gold color fan unfortunately.

My fav's so far are the RUF 18's or 19's that you commonly see on Turbos. But all turbo's have the rear spoiler and I've never seen a non-spoiler 993 widebody with RUF wheels.

When the car arrives I'll take an in car video of Dubai for everyone. I'll run by the Burj Al Arab (sail shaped hotel), Burj Khalifa (world's tallest building), the main strip, marina, and other areas to give everyone an idea of what Dubai is like. Picture a city 5-6 years old as most everything here is new! I've been here for almost 7 years and its been amazing watching the transformation. You'd swear you are in North America and not the Middle East...its that good.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:04 AM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Yep, same here about FD. Already purchased several mods i.e stage III mufflers, Lloyd ultimats and walrod busings. I too am closing in on my new suspension setup and its a close race between the PSS10 or HDB6/H&R combo with M030 bars. The choice will be made quite soon indeed.

I hear yea, gold indeed isn't for everyone. Yes, the slippery slope has got me by the *****, yet I do love working on these cars. I've learned a ton since my registration back in the Spring and have yet to slow down.
I'm feeling you on the RUFs bro, whether in 18 or 19 inch form they would be extremely well suited to your ocean blue C4S. I personally think the RUFs would look killer minus the rear wing. To me, you get to observe the cars stock clean body lines with the stock electronic wing and I think it will look fantastic.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:08 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Sander - what do the Walrod bushings do? Tighten everything up? I've seen a few members on here with such...
Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 AM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Yup, exactly! The are polyurethane bushings that I used to replace my old worn out rubber oem control arm bushings.

Steering feel is much much tighter and nicely responsive in low and high speed driving. The numb feeling in my steering wheel is completely gone now thankfully because it was really bothering me.

Another benefit is my car stopped tramlining over uneven pavement which means that the front wheels basically follow the road groves by pulling the car weirdly around while your simply just trying to drive straight. Its a great mod and great price.
Do a search on chris walrod bushings to here more feedback from the rennlist gurus!

Pic of the my bushing from FD motorsports.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Walrod bushings ^ like he said. Relatively easy upgrade with better than expected results. Tight and right...good quality part from a quality guy.

Quick Reply: Finally...I'm a 993 owner!