FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

For another comparison, here is Dach 200 cell sport cats/Fister Stage II combo:

Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am currently running 100 cell sport cats through true dual 2.25" exhaust with no crossovers. I was using an absorption muffler but I switched back to the OEM gutted mufflers (Fister III equivalents?).
The perforated core mufflers had a deeper sound than the gutted mufflers, but the gutted mufflers have a better tinny sound and a little more "pop". Plus I got to put the stock exhaust tips back on which was a big plus.
I will try to stick my ContourHD to the rear bumper and take it for a spin later to post the sound clip. The internal sound tracks are not very good with the Contour and don't do the exhaust justice.

Craig drove my car at the C&C meetup a month or so ago, I don't think he liked it much
Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Leon993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got cat bypass pipes on my 95 C2, and here's an issue nobody has brought up: big oval tips create an acoustic enhancement to whatever exhaust system you have behind them. So for me, that combination has worked well.

Yesterday I spoke to Darin Fister, he says if I put his stage II muffles in combination with my cat bypass pipes, it will be like having stage III. Im tempted so we'll see...

Also, whats great about Fister is they stand by their product. You can put them on your car, and test them. If you dont like them, you can send them back and just pay for the shipping. Cant go wrong there.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
I am currently running 100 cell sport cats through true dual 2.25" exhaust with no crossovers. I was using an absorption muffler but I switched back to the OEM gutted mufflers (Fister III equivalents?).
Sounds interesting Chaos, I'd love to hear them some time. Maybe if I get down your way some time we can meet up for coffee.
FYI-None of my mufflers are gutted or "empty cans", they are all piped with various degrees of stainless piping and perf. I like to direct the exhaust gasses in my mufflers, giving them a better flow path.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
dcdude
Drifting

With Stock at 1 and Supercups at 10, I'd put my Fister IIIs at about 5. I'm happy with them, but if I had to do it over again, I'd look for something at about 7, which I guess is some sort of Dach X and/or sport cat arrangement?

But it's such a personal preference. You need to do as much research as you can stand, then pull the trigger.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:39 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 48 Posts

Yesterday I spoke to Darin Fister, he says if I put his stage II muffles in combination with my cat bypass pipes, it will be like having stage III.
Same here, Leon. I ordered my Stage IIs last week.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:38 PM
camlob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
Sounds interesting Chaos, I'd love to hear them some time. Maybe if I get down your way some time we can meet up for coffee.
FYI-None of my mufflers are gutted or "empty cans", they are all piped with various degrees of stainless piping and perf. I like to direct the exhaust gasses in my mufflers, giving them a better flow path.
Pls consider making a supercup type of exhaust but with a short muffler. I want the least resistance possible for the exhaust gasses to exit but am not willing for loudness of the supercups.

Paul
Old 01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
993inNC
Race Car

I suppose this is a good a time as any...........and not to hi-jack the original post, but related it is.

For those of you looking for exhaust parts, DACH is out. With the necessities of other businesses and family needs (mainly kid activities all the freakin' time!), there is zero time for pipe construction. Unless Darin and I come to some agreement on how he could carry the torch for us moving forward, you guys will have to look for used sets to get our sound.......sorry.

We've had a great run and made many friends through doing DACH as I know Darin can attest to, but the time has come where the "hobby" business started taking too much time and stopped being a hobby. If my partner David and I could have had the time to expand, I know we would have been another Fab......well another well known name in the industry.

There's around 80 sets around the world of cat and bypass pipes, so I'm sure a used set can be had somewhere.......

Thanks for listening
Old 01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Well,
I tried making a little video this morning. I mounted my CountourHD to the back lid underneath the spoiler and took the car for a romp. I added some foam tape to the microphone hole to reduce the noise, but the sounds quality is just total crap, it really doesn't do my exhaust justice at all.
I will play around with it again tonight on my way home form work and see if I can't get a better sound bite

Quick Reply: PERFORMANCE EXHAUST