Sponsored by:

993 rs for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 147 Posts

When are you going to step up Timmy? It is crazy when you look at the list of differences between a regular Carrera and a real RS. Can't be duplicated.......
Old 12-10-2011, 12:49 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That is only one of his Many ULTRA RARE P-Cars that he owns..... He truly has a stunning collection......

Originally Posted by JPP
Dangit Eric! Now I know TWO people that know the owner of this car ....
Old 12-10-2011, 01:09 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Prices for RS' vary tremendously depending on mileage, history, condition etc. $200K (US) is probably at the high end of the market right now. I've seen prices as low as $90K (approx) for higher mile cars.
Tim .... do you have anything you want to tell us about how you know all this stuff and why?

BTW, just so y'all know .... this car, complete with a correct 3.8 RS engine/transmission upgrade, full-on factory RS interior including the coveted Recaro's in factory leather, complete factory RS moton suspension, speedline for Porsche wheels .. sunroof delete, factory RS areokit .. probably the most accurate 'clone' ever done in the U.S. and featured in the February 2007 issue of Excellence, just sold through PCA Classifieds out of Atlanta, Georgia for around $50K and for that price, you could park it at Walmart How much do you think it cost to build??

Originally Posted by mcipseric
That is only one of his Many ULTRA RARE P-Cars that he owns..... He truly has a stunning collection......
Ok, now you've got my attention What else does he have? You can pm me ...I'm the Pope, I can be trusted ... ;-)
Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
77'3.6vram
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't be duplicated!Bull ****!Other than the minor seam welding that some of the "real" 993RS's have the car can not only be duplicated it can be made better for a 90% street driven car.Ask me how I know!Don't Believe the hype!You can build a better NA NB 993 for 60k + a good straight 993.Everything can be bought and installed even the roof skin.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Motons were never on a "real" RS, the shocks were Bilstein. RS fronts were a "twin tube" design and the rears were a monotube design. The Cup cars used a Bilstein monotube design front and rear. Neither 993 RS or 993 Cup had adjustable shocks from the factory.

Also, I am not sure the 993 RS had any seam welding. The 964 RS had extensive seam welding in the area of the rear trailing arm mounts which is well documented in the factory service manual. The 993 has a completely different rear suspension, thus seam welding as the 964 had would not be germain to the discussion, and I have never seen any documentation of the seam welding in factory literature nor have I seen descriptions of it with photos to show it for the 993 chassis.

I tend to agree with 77'3.6vram, unless you want the VIN that goes with a real RS, one can duplicate the driving experience of one for much less than the real thing costs.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Motons were never on a "real" RS, the shocks were Bilstein. RS fronts were a "twin tube" design and the rears were a monotube design. The Cup cars used a Bilstein monotube design front and rear. Neither 993 RS or 993 Cup had adjustable shocks from the factory.
Unfortunately, the ad was pulled immediately after the car sold .. so I don't have the sellers description, but I believe they combined the RS/RSR uprights with Moton adjustables to get a street/track capable setup. The goal of the build was to create a close RS replica build that could be driven comfortably on the street and with a few adjustments, a decent track car. Anyway, I'm sure Excellence did a good job of covering it ....
Old 12-10-2011, 02:44 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

^^^^RLer Hank Cohn built the yellow car. Posts here regularly.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:14 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^^RLer Hank Cohn built the yellow car. Posts here regularly.
See ... you know too much to be an 'innocent bystander' .. I'm surprised he didn't advertise it here ... do you know if it really sold or if he just pulled the ad.
Edit: I need to slow down and read :-) Ok, so it looks like RL'r jcontardi bought this car from Hank back in '06 when he lived in Texas, and then moved to Atlanta .. so I'm assuming he is/was the seller in the ad posted in PCA Classifieds.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:04 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
When are you going to step up Timmy?
Originally Posted by JPP
Tim .... do you have anything you want to tell us about how you know all this stuff and why?
Originally Posted by JPP
See ... you know too much to be an 'innocent bystander' ..
I admit to being a 993 ***** and that's it!

In all honesty, the 993 RS is my personal "holy-grail" of the car world. From a regultory standpoint they are very easy to bring into Canada now. And yes, if I sold both my current 993s I wouldn't be that far away from a lower-priced 993 RS. However, once purchased, the car is subject to both import duty and tax that total 18% of the purchase price. Add also the cost of shipping, PPI, and any work the car needs. It starts to add up FAST!

Then there's the fact that I'd want to keep one of my current cars for more regular use and the fact that I think I'd want a "nicer" car than the bottom-of-the-market cars would be. In short, one day I plan on making this happen. Just not quite yet.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:36 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

I admit to being a 993 ***** and that's it!

In all honesty, the 993 RS is my personal "holy-grail" of the car world. From a regultory standpoint they are very easy to bring into Canada now. And yes, if I sold both my current 993s I wouldn't be that far away from a lower-priced 993 RS. However, once purchased, the car is subject to both import duty and tax that total 18% of the purchase price. Add also the cost of shipping, PPI, and any work the car needs. It starts to add up FAST!

Then there's the fact that I'd want to keep one of my current cars for more regular use and the fact that I think I'd want a "nicer" car than the bottom-of-the-market cars would be. In short, one day I plan on making this happen. Just not quite yet.
Well, hurry up, Dangit! I want a ride!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jon,

I remember that Excellence article it haunted me as well
If the car sold for about $50K that was truly a bargain.
C2S money for the RS experience without the guilt of wrecking the real deal.
Do I really need to save for college for my kids, hum?
Old 12-11-2011, 12:40 PM
77'3.6vram
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No.The degree is not worth the paper it's written on.Think trade school's.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Barty964rst
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Earlier this year took the RS over to Stuttgart and then drove 4 laps at the Ring. I did the first lap came off and applied the Ring Sticker to the rear quarter glass. Would suggest if you do buy an RS, buy it in Europe / Germany, use it as it was intended then ship it home.
They are worth every penny!
Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 77'3.6vram
No.The degree is not worth the paper it's written on.Think trade school's.

I like your practical, no bull**** thinking...
Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 PM
platas
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me what company imported these ?
Thank in Adv.

Quick Reply: 993 rs for sale?