Sponsored by:

A fate worse than death..

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:55 AM
JLJ11
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A fate worse than death..

...is what i would want for the f%$king a$$holes who took the drivers side mirror off my 993 only 2 weeks into ownership. My comiserations to the 996 owner 2 cars in front of mine who lost his also. I am going over and over in my head the pain i would cause the people that did this and unlike some previous victims i have huge sympathy for, im also highly into revenge and wasting epic amounts of my own time executing this revenge. I will start by parking my car in range of 24/7 camera that i will purchase and operate with a record on motion capability. I will also investigate the probably highly expensive way of GPS tracking my mirrors. I will find out who stole my mirrors or indeed a new theif should it happen again. It also makes me want to figure out how to manufacture Aero Mirrors at a highly cheap breakeven cost to make them so affordable to replace they are not even worth stealing. I think vertex in the US make a replica mirror maybe. I will be buying OEM replacements or from a respectable Porsche breaker. I will not be buying from Ebay. I am by no means calling this guy out but i am massivley suspicious of ad's like the following (although cant imagine the flag market is good enough to make them worth stealing) :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Assorted-P...item3cbebadf00

of which there are numerous. I dont see any Aero's out there but i assume they are rare enough that people dont list them anymore as its too easy to spot your own mirror. Who knows.

I will have my revenge and i will ensure to add a little extra on top for all the other people that i have read suffering in previous threads.

Lastly , happy thanksgiving.. give a little thanks extra for still having some mirrors on your pride and joys. and for those in London , W2 in my case, keep your eyes on your cars.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by JLJ11
I will have my revenge and i will ensure to add a little extra on top for all the other people that i have read suffering in previous threads.
I would like to tell you to get past it that there are worst things.... but I can't. Good luck with the hunt.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:33 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,900 Likes on 2,896 Posts

that really sucks...be careful whatever you do...guys who commit crimes like that don't have much regard for anything including your head.

my cousin lives in manhattan and after having dinner at a resturant one night came out to find some sort of acid poured all over the front hood of his brand new 1 week old land rover. apparently a new tactic by tree hugging enviro-terrorists.

maybe this truck driver i followed driving north from california had his SUV fuc_ed with too?
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

another reason I am favor of the death penalty. Shud cut their nuts of at a minimum. People who **** with property of other's really **** me off
Old 11-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

another reason I am favor of the death penalty. Shud cut their nuts of at a minimum. People who **** with property of other's really **** me off
Old 11-24-2011, 10:21 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

the triad and yakusa are still available to be hired to do these kind of work for you. i don't get my hands dirty with dirty blood. good luck tracking them down and put them in a blinder, cook them, then feed to the moles.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,392 Likes on 808 Posts

obviously you're pissed, but settle down guy.

Its a mirror. Submit it to your insurance, pay your deductible, and get over it.

Gps tracking mirrors? 24/7 cameras with motion activation.

Look at your priorities here. You want to give a "fate worse than death" to a guy who took a mirror? really? a mirror stolen= worse than death?
Old 11-24-2011, 11:05 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

My side mirrors were stolen once too. Oh well. Just replace them and park your car in a garage from now on, if you can. If not, expect them to get stolen again.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:26 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel your pain. I had the antenna stolen off my DD right after I bought it and had similar ideas running around my head. Good luck getting the bastards.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:27 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 551 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
You want to give a "fate worse than death" to a guy who took a mirror? really? a mirror stolen= worse than death?
It's what happens when you become emotionally attached to your car...
Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TMc993
It's what happens when you become emotionally attached to your car...
Old 11-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
obviously you're pissed, but settle down guy.

Its a mirror. Submit it to your insurance, pay your deductible, and get over it.

Gps tracking mirrors? 24/7 cameras with motion activation.

Look at your priorities here. You want to give a "fate worse than death" to a guy who took a mirror? really? a mirror stolen= worse than death?
This thread has no room for rational thinking. Knock it off Oliver!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:04 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You do live in London. You've learned the hard way that cars like these will attract attention and either be vandalized or have bits removed. Best to rent a lockup and store in a secure location, because as sad as it is to say this, it will happen again. That's reality.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:58 AM
EckFe1
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

You got lucky you don't live in Germany, Berlin, Munich or Hamburg has been haunted by idiots that feel that any gas guzzler, SUV or high end car needs to be burned down to the ground.
You could have found a pile of carbon left overs in the parking spot where you left it the night before.
I would understand your anger then.
Don't know if this will help you in finding a more secure way to keep your parts together, I installed a shock sensor with GPS and sim card device to the existing factory alarm. I can also deactivate the horn when I park the car. So if anybody triggers the shock sensor, they won't know that the car called my cell. I can then determine the cause of action. Depending on the situation, it might not be pretty but you have to also consider the law to some extend. I don't want to end up in jail because of some idiot touching the car.
Ed
Old 11-25-2011, 04:17 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

London just behind Harrods, Basile street, few years back, at noon. I hear screaming so I look out the bow window. Lady shouting at three little kids. Looked at the scene and thought the yelling was a tad harsh on those kids. She was the concierge of the adjacent house. She makes me a sign to go down to the street. I am in shock and never made the correlation. Went down and saw that the kids chopped off my mirror with a cricket bat. Only my car, since I have french plates.
They started crying when I approached.
What do you want to say to three twelve year olds ?
The concierge confiscated the bat...

Quick Reply: A fate worse than death..