Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

My first Porsche...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool car. Normally I like the basket handle, but on this car I would agree about deleting it.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:46 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the positive replies!

Originally Posted by 993::hb
I live in switzerland and have taken my c4s through san bernadino pass now a few times lot of fun!!
I'm currently in Zürich's old town. No need for a car here, the public transport is so efficient!

Originally Posted by element
Sweet ride! I just joined the family as well.. picked up a 97 C2, black on black.. ill need to get some pics up. Right now im just going through the whole car and fixing all the little things that arent 100%, spent most of the weekend under the car.. here's a list so far

- RS motor mounts
- Seat fw\bk drive cable
- Spoiler drive gear bearing
- Aftermarket stereo setup - thinking of ditching the 4 amps + wiring they installed. Car had the hifi option, so maybe a nice BP deck and use the nokia amp it shipped with

This week
- oil and transmission change\flush
- lower valve cover gaskets
- hood shocks

I loooooove my 993 My other car is my 03 Mini Cooper S (lots of mods, so a 200hp go-kart track monster), it's a totally different ride\feeling and loove both of them! I've hit car heaven

phil.
Nice stuff. I'm actually planning on going the other route with the HiFi door panels (eventually). I've been eyeing the RS units, just trying to figure out how much it would cost to get them done in tan. Not a priority right now though, like you said getting everything 100% is a must (like that door strap... )

Originally Posted by IXLR8
So it went from an owner in Texas to one in Alberta and now to its new owner...all since 2008. How can someone not like it and hang onto it?
Don't know... won't be for sale for a while this time, though.

Originally Posted by IXLR8
You mean the CHF .... Swiss Francs!

Its too bad the car is here and not in Switzerland where the mountain roads are pure heaven. What part of Switzerland are you in?

While on my annual motorcycle tour in the Alps last summer, I ran into this new owner of a 993 on the San Bernardino Pass...
I have seen so many crazy cars here, makes me wanna cry sometimes.
Here are some...

I could go on forever. I probably too 1000 car pics since I got here.

Originally Posted by Floodj
very cool car. Normally I like the basket handle, but on this car I would agree about deleting it.
Definitely! Especially when those ugly bumperettes will be gone
Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

I loooooove my 993 My other car is my 03 Mini Cooper S (lots of mods, so a 200hp go-kart track monster), it's a totally different ride\feeling and loove both of them! I've hit car heaven
phil.
Phil, I forgot to add... My dad worked on quite a few JCW packages when they just came out, those cars are amazing!
Speaking of go-kart, this is one of the toys I let go before leaving
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 AM
DaveHak
Advanced

I want those rims...Anyone know where I can find a set?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car...nice wheels and great first choice! Enjoy...you are in for a great ride.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:47 AM
jose ricardo
Advanced

Nice! I used to live in Crans Montana, Bluche ski resort area....only place i've seen a 993tt and a Bentley Arnage with skis on a roof rack
Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
element
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

boxcarracer - I have my Mini setup similar to a JCW, but with all aftermarket mods.. im pushing about 210hp (i dyno'd years ago).. here are my mods

- 15% pulley
- CAI, all new ignition (higher voltage), Miltek full headers + catback
- BC Sport coilovers + swift springs (lots of camber + caster in the front)
- HSport Competition rear sway bar
- Wilwood BBK (brakes are the mini's main weakness)

time for some pics..

phil.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome car for your first Porsche! Congrats and thanks for sharing the other pictures as well.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nice. And I am definitely a fan of RUF ... and guards red!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Claes M
5th Gear

The blue 997 turbo was a real dream-machine...
Old 11-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

You did well. What process did you go through before picking that car? Did you look at a lot of different cars or was this one of the first ones? Were you looking for something specific and then this one fit the bill?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 PM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DaveHak
I want those rims...Anyone know where I can find a set?
There's a shop selling them new on eBay for 3800USD shipped in the US, tires extra.
Originally Posted by jose ricardo
Nice! I used to live in Crans Montana, Bluche ski resort area....only place i've seen a 993tt and a Bentley Arnage with skis on a roof rack
I still haven't skied here
My friend has a chalet in the mountains that I'll definitely check out though
I've seen some Arnage but none with ski racks... seen plenty of R8s with winter tires though
You car looks great BTW!
boxcarracer - I have my Mini setup similar to a JCW, but with all aftermarket mods.. im pushing about 210hp (i dyno'd years ago).. here are my mods

- 15% pulley
- CAI, all new ignition (higher voltage), Miltek full headers + catback
- BC Sport coilovers + swift springs (lots of camber + caster in the front)
- HSport Competition rear sway bar
- Wilwood BBK (brakes are the mini's main weakness)

time for some pics..

phil.
Sounds like fun, but if I were you I'd concentrate on the 993 now

Originally Posted by ABCar
Nice car...nice wheels and great first choice! Enjoy...you are in for a great ride.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by TYNUSKT
Awesome car for your first Porsche! Congrats and thanks for sharing the other pictures as well.
I could go on and on with the pics, but then I'd be hijacking my own thread
Originally Posted by Texas993
Very nice. And I am definitely a fan of RUF ... and guards red!
Looks like you got the real deal... Sweet! I can't wait to sit in a few when I visit the shop next month.
Originally Posted by Claes M
The blue 997 turbo was a real dream-machine...
Definitely a unique color combo... Haven't see another one like it.
Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
You did well. What process did you go through before picking that car? Did you look at a lot of different cars or was this one of the first ones? Were you looking for something specific and then this one fit the bill?
You mean narrowing down my make choices (BMW, Porsche...) or narrowing down to this car in the 993 field?
I've been looking at various makes/models since last year... Only narrowed it down to the 993 a couple of months ago. 993s located in Europe are generally more expensive than in NA, and then I'd have to deal with transport/importing headaches. The ones located in the US still had to cross the border, which is something I would have to do personally, and then I'd have to deal with all the fees associated to that.
So that brought me to look at cars already located in Canada. This one definitely caught my eye even though Guards Red wouldn't have been my first choice, and the seller personally delivered it.
The 'deal maker' was all the Ruf extras it had which are worth a pretty Ruble, so I told myself if I ever decide to change paths with the car I can part it out in the future and get some money back.
This is the first 'eyes closed' purchase I've ever made though, and there are definitely some things I learned in the process. But that's how you gain experience!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by boxcarracer

You mean narrowing down my make choices (BMW, Porsche...) or narrowing down to this car in the 993 field?
I've been looking at various makes/models since last year... Only narrowed it down to the 993 a couple of months ago. 993s located in Europe are generally more expensive than in NA, and then I'd have to deal with transport/importing headaches. The ones located in the US still had to cross the border, which is something I would have to do personally, and then I'd have to deal with all the fees associated to that.
So that brought me to look at cars already located in Canada. This one definitely caught my eye even though Guards Red wouldn't have been my first choice, and the seller personally delivered it.
The 'deal maker' was all the Ruf extras it had which are worth a pretty Ruble, so I told myself if I ever decide to change paths with the car I can part it out in the future and get some money back.
This is the first 'eyes closed' purchase I've ever made though, and there are definitely some things I learned in the process. But that's how you gain experience!
Nice. You basically lucked out then. Some might have looked years and years for a car like this.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:13 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

^ I hope I lucked out!

I am now officially a Rennlist member... and contemplating putting my wheels/tires up for sale in the M2M classifieds. I spotted a nice set of 18" BBS wheels and my impulse is telling me to buy them.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:28 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my BBS wheels. I get first dibs on your Rufs if you sell them!!!

Quick Reply: My first Porsche...