Sponsored by:

paint in west chester PA

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:08 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ricks993
Since Dougherty came up, I feel compelled to say Bill is a rip off. I have owned many (over 12) 911’s for over 20 years and used most shops in the area. I used him for years and paid through the @ss. When he ripped off my son in his Volvo that was the last straw. He is the biggest BS er in the area. Just ask Paul at Performance Automotive he worked for Bill for many years. After Bill bounced pay checks to him (many times) as well as other employees, Paul started his own shop and never looked back. If you read the daily local you know bill was arrested recently for not paying taxes. He is financially on the edge most suppliers will not even sell him parts if he does not pay up front. I would look for another shop because one day he will be gone, and pay back is a bitch.
WOW ... I wasn't aware about this. I lived 18 month in this area and my house was less than 1 mile away from Dougherty's new shop. The prices seems to be reasonable and the customer service in picking up the car and drop of with the invoice behind the sun visor was very good. Well maybe I was just lucky for the short time.

Jack
Old 11-11-2011, 08:55 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Paintworks in Stowe PA, just off Rt. 422

Bob Barber at Paintworks does excellent paint work for reasonable prices. Bob is a very experienced painter. Generally, he does body restorations but will also do repairs and paintwork. I've seen his work on 993's and other Porsches and it looked great. His overhead is low due to the small shop and he does the painting himself.

300 Old Reading Pike # 5 Stowe, PA 19464-3772
(610) 970-2192
Old 11-11-2011, 02:40 PM
ricks993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some cars mike Just finished
Attached Images    
Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
JimPA
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I've used Brandywine on Matlack a number of times for the C2S and an '88 M6. I would use them again.

Their paintwork has been excellent. They've been a little soft in some other areas. Specifically, they didn't clean off all the overspray one one job. In addition, they had to pull the windshield on the 911 to repair rust under the gasket at the cowl. It took multiple return trips, even after they installed a new windshield at their own expense, to get a leak-free windshield. But, they didn't hesitate to do what was needed and have gone out of their way to make me a satisfied customer.

+1 for Paul and Pete at Performance Automotive. They're definitely worth the drive from Exton.

Quick Reply: paint in west chester PA