Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think Ian did:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-detailed.html
Old 11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
ricks993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not but I can recommend Delphais Collision in Exton 610-431-1660. Mike is the owner and he has painted 8 cars (911’s) for me over the years I have never had a problem with him. If you pay in cash he is even flexible in price. He does a lot of work for Algar Ferrari, If you call tell him Rick B sent you.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

I used this shop to do some touch up and repair on one of my cars. They did a very good job matching the aged color of the rest of the car. My Porsche Shop Dougherty recommended them as they did all there paintwork with them. I used the 891 South Matlack Street West Chester, PA 19382 location.

http://www.brandywinecoachworks.com/

Jack
Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 82 Posts

Know the shop and owner well. You will be very satisfied, his is a no BS shop and the customer is always right. Ian used Classic Coachworks, not Brandywine to fix what the idiot PO (ME) did to the front spoiler.

I never give praise when praise is not due. Question though, are you looking to have work done or was a car you are looking at painted there?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:44 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Can't comment on Classic Coachworks... but I had work done at Brandywine Coachworks in West Chester and the paintwork was top notch.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
JMR
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Brandywine. Joe Gallagher in their Exton shop is a great guy to deal with. I just had them freshen up some panels on my 993. Great job!

My friend's wife just backed into my X5 and Matus Brothers Auto Body in Bridgeport did the repair and paint work. It is perfect and the paint is a tough color to match -- Metalic Mahogany. I was very impressed.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-12295973...ody-bridgeport
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Art Boone
Rennlist Member

Default paint in west chester

Originally Posted by tropheus
I used this shop to do some touch up and repair on one of my cars. They did a very good job matching the aged color of the rest of the car. My Porsche Shop Dougherty recommended them as they did all there paintwork with them. I used the 891 South Matlack Street West Chester, PA 19382 location.

http://www.brandywinecoachworks.com/

Jack
Jack.....i have used branywine coachworks and they do match the paint perfect....however, they gave me an estimate to spray the hood of $1250 which I thought was high......I got a quote for $800 at classic and i'm checking references...thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Art Boone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UserA
Know the shop and owner well. You will be very satisfied, his is a no BS shop and the customer is always right. Ian used Classic Coachworks, not Brandywine to fix what the idiot PO (ME) did to the front spoiler.

I never give praise when praise is not due. Question though, are you looking to have work done or was a car you are looking at painted there?
having work done on my Pcar.......
Old 11-10-2011, 05:42 PM
ricks993
Racer

I have used Brandywine they were expensive and did poor work. I would NEVER recommend them!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
ricks993
Racer

Since Dougherty came up, I feel compelled to say Bill is a rip off. I have owned many (over 12) 911’s for over 20 years and used most shops in the area. I used him for years and paid through the @ss. When he ripped off my son in his Volvo that was the last straw. He is the biggest BS er in the area. Just ask Paul at Performance Automotive he worked for Bill for many years. After Bill bounced pay checks to him (many times) as well as other employees, Paul started his own shop and never looked back. If you read the daily local you know bill was arrested recently for not paying taxes. He is financially on the edge most suppliers will not even sell him parts if he does not pay up front. I would look for another shop because one day he will be gone, and pay back is a bitch.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Rick,

Tell us how you really feel about Bill. Seriously, your candid comments are extremely helpful. Sing the praise, but tell us the issues too.

Mark
Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
ricks993
Racer

Sorry I guess I have many years of pent up feelings about Bill! I do feel a little bit better now!!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Art Boone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ricks993
Since Dougherty came up, I feel compelled to say Bill is a rip off. I have owned many (over 12) 911’s for over 20 years and used most shops in the area. I used him for years and paid through the @ss. When he ripped off my son in his Volvo that was the last straw. He is the biggest BS er in the area. Just ask Paul at Performance Automotive he worked for Bill for many years. After Bill bounced pay checks to him (many times) as well as other employees, Paul started his own shop and never looked back. If you read the daily local you know bill was arrested recently for not paying taxes. He is financially on the edge most suppliers will not even sell him parts if he does not pay up front. I would look for another shop because one day he will be gone, and pay back is a bitch.
Rick.........I couldn't agree more. The sad part is that I live in Westtown where Dougherty's is located but he kills me everytime I go in.......for example, he hit me for $500. for an oil change. Paul at Performance tells me he hates to do 993 changes because they are a pain but he charges me $275. My office was in Malvern but we moved to Exton last year so Performance was not convenient but after getting hit over the head a few times, I'm back with Paul.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:39 PM
ricks993
Racer

Art

I just hope people like Bill some day get their pay back for ripping off so many people over the years. I am just surprised it has taken so long.

For paint & body work try and give Mike at Delphais Collision a call. When Brandywine first opened he set up their paint shop before he opened his on shop.

Quick Reply: paint in west chester PA