993 Forum 1995-1998

Aventurine green with gray wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercedesben
Let me know of you want to sell the my 02 wheels when you get the bbs!
Nope. 5 spokes on street, BBS on track.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry L
I have a vague recollection that Walter Rohrl once said that 993s feel/handle better on 17s.

I can't recall where I read that, and am sure that I will be very quickly corrected if I am wrong.

On the other hand, all of the 993-based factory race cars rode on 18s - so he might have been talking about street cars used for predominantly street use by non-Walter Rohrls.

Harry
Well, my personal experience for street driving these cars would back that up, truth be know. Especially if the car has sport suspension and is lowered to R.O.W. height ... AND I'll take it even one step further and say that I think solid spoke twists 'feel' better on the street than hollow spokes do .. there! I said it! He was ...... my BOYFRIEND!! (Cloris leachman? ... 'Young Frankenstien ..'?? Bueller ...???
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Mercedesben
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John Paul,
I run 17"s on the track for a few of reasons. The first being that I do not see a huge advantage going to an 18 for the track and I like the look of the 18"s for the street. R compound tires are cheaper for 17" sizes. I had the factory 17"s sitting around doing nothing so I decided to use them. Even when I buy my next set of 18" wheels I will still run 17"s on the track. I have never thought of having 2 sets of 18"s.
I also like the way the car feels on the 17's. And yes the car needs to be lowered.
I just realized that I have 4 sets of 993 wheels at my disposal 3 are cup IIs and one set of twists. (It helps when your Father has a 993 also!)
azenias, toyo streets,hoosiers, and horrible htr II sumitomos on the 18"

Quick Reply: Aventurine green with gray wheels!