Sponsored by:

No flashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
billybob6440
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No flashing

My 95 993 was recently flooded. It ruined the DME and the Immobilizer. Both have been replaced, the DME was rebuilt and I bought a used Immobilizer. I have not been able to re program the Immobilizersine I cannot get the light to flash despite repeated attempts per the owner's manual. Help
Old 11-02-2011, 04:28 PM
MDamen
Pro

What process have you been using to program the immobilizer? Does the car do anything?

Do a search on "immobilizer" and read the threads to find someone who has a problem like yours. You may have to get creative with the spelling of immobilizer. It could be spelled with one or two m's, an s or a z.

For help here, you'll need to give more details. I have never heard of a rebuilt DME. Where did you buy it? When you say you got a used immobilizer, do you mean the alarm control module under the seat? How did you determine these two components were bad? Does anything on your car work? What happens when you put the key in the ignition and try to start the car?
Old 11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
billybob6440
Track Day

THe rebuilt DME came from " ECM Repair" Oakland Park Fl. GoECM.Com, it was listed on Ebay. My car was flooded it ruined the DME and the immobilizer. It is now running but I cannot unlock the doors with the remote or with the key. No light indicators on either door everthing else works except the brake lights??
Old 11-04-2011, 04:42 PM
MDamen
Pro

What happens when you try to unlock the door with the key? You should always be able to unlock the doors using the key. It is a mechanical linkage. They are rarely used, so the lock cylinders will sometimes get gunked up.
If the car runs, then you probably don't have an immobilizer.

Try these threads:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...xtra-info.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-question.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...mobilizer.html
Old 11-05-2011, 08:09 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

I know this sounds crazy but are you sure your car actually had an IMMOBILIZER? Most '95's didn't. And if they did, I believe they're different from those in '96-'98 models. You may have the wrong version installed. They do have DRIVE BLOCK, tho.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
billybob6440
Track Day

Mike: thanks. I replaced the immobilizer with the matching remote (used), now the alarm works normally, indicator lighhts flash, alarm comes on if any door,hatch etc is opened, however the doors remain locked! They will not unlock with the remote, the dash button or either Key? Removed door panel nothing broken or disconnected, both doors will not unloc. I can hear the relay click in the immobilizer but nothing from the doors. Tried copious amount of WD 40 in cylinder still nothing. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Bill
Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
MDamen
Pro

Have you ever been able to unlock the doors with the key? If the ignition cylinder had been replaced at some point you would have a different key for the ignition than the doors. Since nobody uses the door lock cylinders, this would go undetected for a long time. If you have the door panel off, perhaps you can isolate the problem by disconnecting the door lock actuator from the lock cylinder and seeing if you can turn the lock with the key. It is hard to imagine that there is a failure mode where the lock actuators drive to the lock position such that you can't use the key. They generally are a momentary action and return to a neutral state when not energized, allowing a manual override.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 PM
911RufRT
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the door lock servos, 928 624 211 00?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

My understanding is having the lights flash while the alarm arms is programmable via the Hammer/PST2.

Also, find someone with the hammer/PST2, it will show the state of the alarm system and any alarms, which may help you find the issue.

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: No flashing