Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlanta Mille anyone going?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 AM
justin-in-athens
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second steve's opinion. But as PCA folks we expect a very high degree of competency and organization at every event we go to--this was clearly not what we are accustomed to.

It was poorly advertised. Everytime I spoke to someone about it--they had never heard of it before.

I piad $40 for corral parking and laps around the track in addition to the regualr $30 registration. I got there much later than most folks, about 10:30am and just kind of broke into the "parade" as eveyone made their way into the infield. I could have gone for FREE if I'd just waited to NOT register at the event! The was not alot of signage. No one could find a restroom. And the vendors are PISSED. The booths cost a fortune and the turonut was only about 450 cars. Also no signs or indication as to where they were located.

Overall it wasn't a horrible idea or venue, just poorly executed. In my opinion with PCA oversight this could be a great meetup. Its kind of like a Hershey Swap Meet, plus Rennsport Reunion, plus Parade event. There really is something fro everyone--I just hope there is a next year.

Oh yeah, and for the 500 cars that came out you'd think they could get those Nascar folks off the track for a whole day!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Excellent summary of events posted already and I'll add to the unorganized aspect. We could not figure out where the car show (concours) was or the corral area. We had imagined many vendors being there but it took a total of 10 minutes to see everything. There were dozens of photographers taking pictures yet we were only able to get one business card from a vendor who will post the pictures on-line. The best part for us was driving laps with everyone. It was a lot of fun since we never drove at Atlanta Motor Speedway before. A bit crowded with 300+ cars all at once but we were having a good time all the way around each lap. We planned on spending all day there but we were done with everything by 2:00.
Here are a few pictures of the event. The registration outside the speedway and two inside pictures just showing the number of cars doing laps.

Name:  Atlanta Mille 053.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  Atlanta Mille 048.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  Atlanta Mille 017.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  95.9 KB
Old 11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Anyone here know where we can see the individual photos they took just outside the track when we started the parade??
Old 11-07-2011, 09:56 AM
AtlJimK
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with most of the comments above. What a CF.

https://rennlist.com/forums/events/6...ml#post9003073
Old 11-07-2011, 10:33 AM
blown 87
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been going to car events and other events for things with motors, even some put on out i n the woods by rednecks, and I have never went to a event that was as poorly ran as this one.
I went Friday and registered, and told the guy then that I had a hard time finding where to register due to the total lack of signage, but then let it slide as they still had time to get everything set u p for the next day.

This was with out a doubt the worst run event I have ever went to.
We were in the last ten cars to get on the track, and on the start of the third lap the stopped us for the photoshoot, frankly these folks running this should not have been.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM
roco16
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys,

I headed up the photography (Renn-Photo) at the Mille this past weekend and I hear your comments loud and clear. I certainly concur with most of what's been said and we were disappointed to see everyone leave immediately after the parade was over. We captured some killer photos that we were able to showcase around 3:30pm to a relatively empty audience.

As for finding the photos online, we are still in post-processing and they will be posted by tomorrow at midnight (Nov 8). We captured some 17,000 photos throughout the event, and you will be able to find the photos of your car at this website (www.renn-photo.com) using either your registration number or the p-car type and color of your car (ex red 911).

Let me know if there is any way I can help. I hope the mods don't mind this post.

Cheers,
Robert

Renn-photo.com
404-374-3259
Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Thanks Robert. I'll take a look.

Quick Reply: Atlanta Mille anyone going?