Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Tone Interior or Leave Stock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 12:00 PM
HD97
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Tone Interior or Leave Stock?

Just moved here from the 964 world and looking for opinions on my interior. I finally found a 98 993 C4 with the exterior color I wanted but interior was my 3rd choice. 1 tan 2 black. This car is bone stock except I think the exhaust tips have been changed since I have the 159 Motor Sound Package and I think this came with more square tips. (Any help on this also?) My dilemma is this, I am a Harley guy also so my instinct is to customize and make in “mine”. A lot of people say to keep these cars original but for me the gray is just too stark. This car is going to be driven, it has 52k and no service records beyond 3 years so resale already hit, but I’m still concerned what customization will do to value or should I even care? I am working with Bob @ classic 9 for a two tone design that will look somewhat factory (clean) and this is what he came up with. I mocked up some pics for the experts out here. My questions are 1. Custom or stock. 2. If custom what do you think of Bob’s design?
Attached Images      

Last edited by HD97; 10-15-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:08 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Do whatever pleases you however if you want to maintain the value of the car only do the items that are easily reverseable that doesn't involve drilling or cutting. Package and store all of the original parts in the event the car is sold in the future.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Afrika
Rennlist Member

My grandmother used to make blankets out of knitted squares all joined together. The squares were made of leftover wool so they were all different colours. Leave it stock!
Apologies of course to uncle Bob...
Old 10-15-2011, 12:11 PM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

That's a pretty good photoshop job.
I'd stay stock and add some OEM carbon fibre bits to it.
Check out Macca's car for marble grey interior with a shed load of carbon.
If grey aint your thing then change it to black. That tripple black that is about to go into storage looks pretty dam nice.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Aatos
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan of that design. Black/grey seats look tacky and the alternating colour on door card does not work /brutal comment. If you can live with original colour seats I'd do it OEM style. Do only black dash and black tops for door cards, maybe with black door mats.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:34 PM
HD97
Rennlist Member

Default Option2

Do you mean like this?

Originally Posted by Aatos
Not a fan of that design. Black/grey seats look tacky and the alternating colour on door card does not work /brutal comment. If you can live with original colour seats I'd do it OEM style. Do only black dash and black tops for door cards, maybe with black door mats.
Attached Images   
Old 10-15-2011, 01:14 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My interior was blue/gray two-tone on a black coupe. I couldn't stand it, so I switched the blue to black. Now it's black/gray two-tone and looks really good. The black parts are: upper and lower dash, center console, e-brake/shifter, steering wheel, door tops, seats, floor mats. Looks completely stock.

These aren't collector cars and they're not investments. Especially not a C4 cab. So do whatever makes you happy.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:16 PM
HD97
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NP993
My interior was blue/gray two-tone on a black coupe. I couldn't stand it, so I switched the blue to black. Now it's black/gray two-tone and looks really good. The black parts are: upper and lower dash, center console, e-brake/shifter, steering wheel, door tops, seats, floor mats. Looks completely stock.

These aren't collector cars and they're not investments. Especially not a C4 cab. So do whatever makes you happy.
I believe this is what you have described
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

I'm guessing you could probably find a couple tan interior relatively easily.

I'd make it how you want it, not just an altered version of what you don't like.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 PM
4X4SCHE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same interior and have been thinking about this for the last 10 years.... here you go:

1) Black = steering wheel. I did this
2) Doors.... = just the panel behind the window switches and tweeter.
3) seats..... = Just the back and base cushions.

Leave the rest.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Ignore all of us...make it yours!

But post pictures.

Try aluminum gauge faces too, they might work well with the black and grey.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:58 PM
sds
Advanced

I'd leave it like it is....because it's beautiful like that.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:05 PM
HD97
Rennlist Member

I hear you, but the input is great. Leaning towards Aatos's suggestion, after viewing his interior I think it would accomplish breaking up ALL that gray but still have an oem feel which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks all, and keep the suggestions coming I can run any scenario.

PS - NP993
"These aren't collector cars and they're not investments. Especially not a C4 cab" I kind of like my C4 cab.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

my 97 C4S was stock Arctic Silver outside-Classic Grey inside. The PO installed new black lloyd mats up front, as well as an RS wheel. I added the black Hard Back Sport seats, black rear jump seats, and black/alu shifter and ebrake handle...as well as alu gauge rings. Also added a "negitive" image Carrera 4S door sill.

For me personally, it was just waaaay too much grey. Naturally, I have saved all the original bits. I wouldn't reccomend dyeing the dash or door panels. If you wanted black door panels, you should easily be able to find some.

Good luck, and make it your own...and DRIVE IT!
Attached Images    
Old 10-15-2011, 05:31 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

stock

Quick Reply: Two Tone Interior or Leave Stock?