New Toy..and it's water cooled

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011 | 11:45 AM
FD Motorsports
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Default New Toy..and it's water cooled

...and the engine is in the front!
Mark and I picked up a new toy recently. We are looking to hone our skills a bit and dip our toe into the racing pool
The car has incredible balance and is quite fun to drive. We need to log in a bunch of track time and then work on getting licences to race in the 944 Spec series, but it should be a blast.
Attached Images   

Old 10-10-2011 | 11:48 AM
tkrtape12
Three Wheelin'

Nice looks like a fun toy..
Old 10-10-2011 | 11:50 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

When these cars came out the dealer racing teams up in Seattle, like Bayside and Univeristy ALL switched over to 944's because of the beautifully balanced design. This is a great tool to really hone your skills in and if the forces of the universe put you in the weeds a few times... you'll be smilin' :-)
Old 10-10-2011 | 12:38 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
This is a great tool to really hone your skills in and if the forces of the universe put you in the weeds a few times... you'll be smilin' :-)
for sure... and it is bound to happen since we only drive FLAT OUT...

Old 10-10-2011 | 12:42 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MarkD
for sure... and it is bound to happen since we only drive FLAT OUT...

Yes .. that's what Kelly told me.
Old 10-10-2011 | 12:52 PM
Spidey 993

Its "that's what she said". Names are not allowed, only implied.
Old 10-10-2011 | 12:57 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Spidey 993TT
Oh ... shoot, that's not what I ment. I was referring to the 'last ticket' .. episode. Nevermind, I'll shut up.
Old 10-10-2011 | 01:04 PM
Spidey 993

O, in that case.

That's what she said!

Nice track car BTW, I'm jealous.

Originally Posted by JPP
Originally Posted by Spidey 993TT
Oh ... shoot, that's not what I ment. I was referring to the 'last ticket' .. episode. Nevermind, I'll shut up.
Old 10-10-2011 | 01:12 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

I know not of any incident you speak

An oldie but a goodie. Best part is at 2:38 :
Old 10-10-2011 | 01:21 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Any ideas what the paint schem will be?
Old 10-10-2011 | 01:45 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

I know not of any incident you speak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8
ok, that's funny. On my first Porsche club 'Drivers Ed' day at S.I.R. I was in a group of Newbs and several of them had very expensive and powerful Porsches set up for track. There was only one woman in my newbie group. She showed up in a pristine '87 924S. I overheard a few people snickering behind her back about the car and her gender. Anyway, we all went out one-on-one with an instructor to get a handle on the track and the rules of the club and to get some driving pointers from people who had some racing experience. Several of the newbs in the big, powerful cars had problems dealing with the 'restrictions' that the instructors put on them :-) I noticed that Kiki didn't seem to have any problems. Period. As a matter of fact, she only went around the track with an instructor once and then she was changed into the green run group ... where all the best drivers were running, where she pretty much dominated the track all day against new Turbo's, RS Americas and heavily modified track monsters of all stripes. So, at lunch, I found her alone, eating a sandwich by her car and we spent lunch talking. Turns out her father, was a big time European race driver and her brother was also a pro racer in the Porsche Cup circuit .. Her name was Kiki Wolfkill ... I recently read an article about her being invited to drive several of the cars that run in the ALMS series and I think her brother Kim is the Editor of Road and Track now ..? You never know ...
Here's an article about her .. http://m.kitsapsun.com/news/2002/jul...ff-to-work-on/ Oh, and did I mention she was gorgeous?
Old 10-10-2011 | 01:50 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mark, that's a brilliant video!
Old 10-10-2011 | 02:49 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cactus
Any ideas what the paint schem will be?
The FDM livery will be black and green with a little white or silver thrown in. I have some ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8
Originally Posted by nile13
I love that video!
Old 10-10-2011 | 03:24 PM
Benton
Drifting

The first time I got our 928 on the track, it was really eye opening! A 911 is certainly fun (and I consider myself a 911 guy to the core), but the balance and ease of driving the front-engine/transaxle cars is really impressive. Have fun and stay safe!
Old 10-10-2011 | 03:40 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
ok, that's funny. On my first Porsche club 'Drivers Ed' day at S.I.R. I was in a group of Newbs and several of them had very expensive and powerful Porsches set up for track. There was only one woman in my newbie group. She showed up in a pristine '87 924S. I overheard a few people snickering behind her back about the car and her gender. Anyway, we all went out one-on-one with an instructor to get a handle on the track and the rules of the club and to get some driving pointers from people who had some racing experience. Several of the newbs in the big, powerful cars had problems dealing with the 'restrictions' that the instructors put on them :-) I noticed that Kiki didn't seem to have any problems. Period. As a matter of fact, she only went around the track with an instructor once and then she was changed into the green run group ... where all the best drivers were running, where she pretty much dominated the track all day against new Turbo's, RS Americas and heavily modified track monsters of all stripes. So, at lunch, I found her alone, eating a sandwich by her car and we spent lunch talking. Turns out her father, was a big time European race driver and her brother was also a pro racer in the Porsche Cup circuit .. Her name was Kiki Wolfkill ... I recently read an article about her being invited to drive several of the cars that run in the ALMS series and I think her brother Kim is the Editor of Road and Track now ..? You never know ...
Here's an article about her .. http://m.kitsapsun.com/news/2002/jul...ff-to-work-on/ Oh, and did I mention she was gorgeous?
great story JP! and very funny

Originally Posted by nile13
I watched it again this morning and still laughed

Originally Posted by Benton
The first time I got our 928 on the track, it was really eye opening! A 911 is certainly fun (and I consider myself a 911 guy to the core), but the balance and ease of driving the front-engine/transaxle cars is really impressive. Have fun and stay safe!
Thank you sir!
We can't wait...

Quick Reply: New Toy..and it's water cooled