Sponsored by:

Stereo Died After Jumpstart :|

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stereo Died After Jumpstart :|

About a month ago, when someone accidentally left one of the interior roof light on and drained my battery, I had to jumpstart it. Everything else is fine, except now the stereo ( an aftermarket pioneer setup that the previous owner put in... ) , the screen turns on and display that it is playing music, but no sound is coming out from the speakers ( and I'm sure it is not just muted as I pressed the mute/ unmute button in millions of different combos... )
Honestly I don't care if it was dead... but
For those of you that understand that when there is a significant other ( female) in the car that appreciates the music of the car from the tailpipe less than the stereo... you know...
So any idea what is going on? Did the jumpstart break any circuit or something? Is there a place in Los Angeles that i could bring it to that i could trust and is affordable to get it fixed?
Appreciate any advice
Old 10-08-2011, 10:57 AM
tigerrat
Advanced

Just an idea... is there a separate amp involved? Maybe a connection at the battery that got loosened during the jump? Fuse? Ken
Old 10-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

I'd pull it out, check the fuse at the back of the radio, and reseat all the connections.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:41 PM
993 770
Pro

Check the fuse at the amp. If the radio turns on, I doubt it's behind the head unit. Good luck
Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Halcyon
Racer

hmmm thanks for the info guys there is two separate box in the front trunk , guess i'll just have to make sure everything is connected and check the fuse. Thanks

Quick Reply: Stereo Died After Jumpstart :|