Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turquoise Blue 993 21k miles $42,999

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Van1
What's the big deal about selling out of state or even Canada? Cash is cash no matter where it comes from. I've sold cars out of state and last year a motorcycle to Canada with no issues. Quite simple, buyer sends you cash (bank check), you sign over title and FedEx to new owner along with perhaps a bill of sale, new owner arranges for shipping, you make sure that you or an agent are available to hand car over to shipper, wave good bye, end of story. The only thing extra that I experienced about selling to Canada is that I had to go to the Ducati dealer and get a print out that any and all recalls were complied with.

This guy sounds like a rookie. If he only wanted to sell to his next door neighbor he should have stated that in his ad.

I can tell you that of the 15 Porsche's we've owned, only a few were bought in the state where we were living at the time. Robert has flown out of state on a days notice to check out a car and pretty much ended up on wild goose chase and came home empty handed. Other times he's driven across country to bring a car home he bought sight unseen, once without even a PPI. Heck, one time we weren't even in the market for a new P-car at all and we ended up with BADMAX the best car ever! Cash is cash. It's not that hard to do.

I don't get it and I agree with you Van1. If It's on Ebay, you'd better tell folks not to bother unless you live in XXX State or XXX city. Never heard anything quite so strange before.... ever. Anywhere.

And no, we didn't get a reply yet either. It's not that hard to answer a message is it? The Rennlist community is pretty tight. No one should ever burn any bridges because you never know when you might need someone here, for something else.......
Old 10-07-2011, 08:22 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

well ... in a way, it's to the buyers advantage. Kind of eliminates quite a bit of the other buyers who can't be bothered to pursue it ...
Old 10-07-2011, 08:31 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
YES! I love that car. Just a couple years too soon for me right now...too much going on.

Awe Shucks. Honestly, if we don't sell it, I'd still be happy. I love the car. It is so much FUN, but when Robert gets the itch, it's time for something else. We've had it three years and that is a lot longer than we've been keeping most our P-cars as of late. Our average is about two years.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Hey Mark.

I speak with envy. Keep up the love affair with the 993s and your wife.

Mark S.
LOL! I must love her Mark, I gave her a garage spot for the winter
Old 10-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

16 hours left on the EBAY auction!

Quick Reply: Turquoise Blue 993 21k miles $42,999