Sponsored by:

11/8/11 NEWS about me UPDATE....... I am walking for Boobies

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

I received a letter form The Susan G Komen Arkansas foundation that I was one of the top Fund Raisers for the 2011 Race for the Cure. I have been invited to the banquet. Wow. :-) THANK YOU to all of you who made your donations for the race through me. And to think I did the race BEFORE I was diagnosed. Funny how things happen in life.........

44,200 people did the race. I could be in the top 1000 for all I know, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that we all raised money and awareness. Awareness goes a long way, and the money will help women get the mammograms they need to find this thing and kick it to the curb early!

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

That is wonderful J! What a tale you can tell, huh? You've certainly earned the invitation by spurring us to action.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:30 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I never could have done it without a little help from my friends

I am bound and determined to do even better this year, especially since I am now a survivor. Wow, just wow. I think it's hitting me more now days than it has been. Delayed reaction I guess. All I know is that I don't want anyone to have to give up their 'boobies' because of some blasted cancer like I had too and too many other women have had to. It's got to be stopped. All cancer has to be stopped. We can put a man on the moon (YEARS AGO!!!!), we can carry around computers in our telephones, we can do so many things, but we can't cure cancer. What is up with that?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:45 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

JoAnne,

I am very proud of you... you make the entire Rennlist community sparkle. Keep up the great work and your speedy recovery.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:56 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Ha ... one of the top contributors .... I COULDA TOLD THEM THAT!!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
I received a letter form The Susan G Komen Arkansas foundation that I was one of the top Fund Raisers for the 2011 Race for the Cure.
Too cool. Congrates!

Just wait for this year!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You guys really are the best. You make me cry. Seriously you really do bring tears to my eyes, BUT it's the good kind, not the bad kind. I'd love to be able to give you all a hug, once I can. It's still a wee bit uncomfortable for me to be squeezed tight. My visiting gal pals aren't the friendliest gals in town. They have almost out done their welcome, BUT I love them never the less!

CYBER HUGS TO Y'ALL!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RJT
My visiting gal pals aren't the friendliest gals in town. They have almost out done their welcome ...
Well, wait until they see your new *****! They won't speak to you for a year at least ... so you can get a break.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:57 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP
Well, wait until they see your new *****! They won't speak to you for a year at least ... so you can get a break.
It's okay. They have been a Pain in the BACK anyway.

Here is my picture journal. Wow, I look at this and I have a hard time realizing it's only been a little over 7 weeks since my surgery. Seems like a year to me....
Eventually I am going to put all my posts and threads in one place and in order so I have a written history of my little side trip on the road of life. One day I just might have to help someone else though the same adventure. Having my story written down in one place, just might help. You know, as you get older we tend to forget, not that I could ever forget this. I have a couple of battle scars to prove I was there..... grrrr.....

ANYWAY (speaking of side trips)..... You can see how I've progressed from what I had, to all gone, to 12 year old booblettes to what I am going to be. I'm actually pretty big now. I have NO IDEA how some of those tiny bodied little gals can carry around such huge *****. These seem heavy. I wonder what some of those watermelon sized ones weight. Those little women with the big ***** must have some strong backs and shoulders to hold those puppies up!
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2012, 05:24 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Looks good JoAnne .. I'm likin' the new hair cut! (I'm assuming you're not just wearing it back ... )
Old 01-29-2012, 08:18 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thank you. It is a new cut. In the last picture I am sort of wearing it back..... just pushed behind my ears. That picture was taken early in the morning before any major primping happened. Pushing behind ears does wonders for messy short morning hair.

New Boobies
New Hair Cut

New 993???
Old 01-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Spidey 993

JoAnne, you look stunning before, during, and after....
Old 01-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

You look great, JoAnne! Thanks for the updates.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, once mankind figures out cancer, a lot of bad luck and sheer injustices will go away...childhood cancers being the most egregious, in my opinion.

Thanks for heightening awareness of this issue for all of us, and best of luck with your all-too personal experience with this...and yes, you look great at any state!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:51 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 290 Posts

Well, while we're on the subject, here's some encouraging news:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...SectionContent
Awesome , brilliant teen-ager!

Quick Reply: 11/8/11 NEWS about me UPDATE....... I am walking for Boobies