Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

JoAnne,

Best wishes and get well soon!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:20 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 339 Likes on 151 Posts

Thanks Ted. I have an appointment with the second surgeon who'll be working on me tomorrow. I just want to get them to coordinate their schedules so I can get it behind me, re-cooperate and then get back to living life with so much more gusto, I'm going to make all your heads spin!!!

Thanks everyone......
Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Well, this makes meeting you and Robert in Monterey even more special. I can't help but think that what you did, participating in this 'race for the cure' to help others first, must have helped you deal this week. I know for me, you put a face on the plight of all of the people who are confronted with this .. and now it's really personal. Hugs to you .... :-)
+1 thinking of you
Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

JoAnne, best of luck in beating this thing, our thoughts are with you and Robert. My God bless you...
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thank you. I am going to beat this 'thing' and be a much better person because of it.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:47 AM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

JoAnne - you are an inspiration in many ways!!! you'll beat this and we are all wishing you Porsche -like speed in your recovery!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

UHG..... Just caught up with this thread. You have the right attitude to beat this and you will. You and Robert stay strong.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:54 AM
MDamen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great attitude and you have a huge group of supporters. You are already a better person. You will be great when you get through it. Best wishes.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You guys are the best.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Support...... I always needed the support.......Still do.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

JoAnne,

When I bought my first Porsche I bought it because I thought 911's were cool. My favorite was the 993 and I was so excited to finally own one. I thought what was great about Porsche was the cars. Turns out the cars became secondary to the people I met because of them.

I've been so blessed to make friends because of these funny looking cars with the engine in the wrong place. I'm feel lucky to be able to call you and Robert friends. I know you're going through a scary time right now and I just want you to know my prayers are with you. If there is anything you can think of I can help with just let me know... even if it's just to talk about cars! I know it's not fun, but you're right, you will be fine and stronger for having gone through this...

Ps I want to see some Porschepalooza pictures! ;-)
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

JoAnne:

I haven't had what I know would be the pleasure of meeting you and Robert in person, but your relentlessly enthusiastic posts make me feel like I have gotten to know you just a bit since I bought my car and discovered Rennlist seven years ago. As Javier says, getting to know the people behind the love for the cars has been one of the truly unexpected and fun aspects of owning a Porsche. You are a big part of what makes this forum (and others) so enjoyable and informative.

Like everyone else, I'm surprised and saddened to hear about the diagnosis, but you have many thoughts and prayers lifted on your behalf. I have no doubt that you will come through this stronger and even more passionate about living life to the fullest than ever. Hang in there!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thank you guys..... I'm hanging in there as are my two friends. I'm having to let them go, but I'll have two brand new friends in their place by April so I won't be too lonely for long. AND they will be 52 years younger than the ones I have now!

It's not easy. I have my days. Today was pretty good, and then all of the sudden it hit me again as I was talking to another BOA from my region that is currently undergoing radiation treatment for her bc. I was trying to be supportive because she really doesn't have anyone here for her, and then BAM, I realized how lucky I was to have Robert and my family and ALL MY FRIENDS to lean on..... my eyes filled with tears, but i fought them back and told her that when I saw her for our monthly BOA luncheon on Friday we'd give each other a huge hug and cry. Then when the other gals would see us crying, they would start crying and then everyone else in the place would wonder what all the crying was about.... you know what? We both started to crack up!!! Just what we needed laughter and just at the right time too!

We all need support once in a while and I THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for giving it to me, because now is the time that I really do need it.

Hugs.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joanne,

I don't know you in person and have probably read only a few % of your 10K+ posts on here but I really have to say this thread, your wit and fighting spirit inspite of all the fears is a genuine inspiration!!!

Please get well soon.

In the meantime rest assured that even when it gets dark on your side of the globe and everyone else seems asleep, people are thinking of you.....I for sure am one of them.

Rgds,

Harald (Amsterdam)
Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Shaun Leahy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joanne

I admire your passion, resolve and energy that made you so well know in the RL community.

When I was given 6 weeks to live, I really did have a positive mental attitude and knew it was only time before I was back to a normal daily life. That was 11 years ago. Consider yourself lucky to live in an age where the research, accurate diagnoses and millions of vitamins drive so many more people away from the Little C: its dirty crab hand no longer has the grip it had once.

Keep smiling and start to get some plans about all you are going to do to show you are still a superstar in the future.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You Guys are GREAT!! Thank you!!!!

Quick Reply: 11/8/11 NEWS about me UPDATE....... I am walking for Boobies