993 Forum 1995-1998

Mobil1 15W50 back at WalMart

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 272 Posts
Default Mobil1 15W50 back at WalMart

For those of you using it, I just saw 5 qt. jugs of Mobil1 15W50 on the shelf at our local WallyWorld.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

I'm in need, didn't check their price out(Walmart that is), but compared my local Advance Auto. I usually bought when they had their big sale-right now they got 5 qts plus some filter for $30 after rebate. I own nothing that I would consider using the filter for.

That being said, I have a local AC Delco store that my neighbor used to run, I get friends and family discount there...that's a HUGE percentage off. Currently, they don't even list the synthetic 15-50 in their database-even though they have many, many other M1 products. I put in a request for pricing info for whatever quantity I need to-2, 3,4 cases. So, I'm waiting on that pricing. They also can get Brembo stuff, and many oem German goodies.

I got a friend in the parts game baby!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I'm in need, didn't check their price out(Walmart that is), but compared my local Advance Auto. I usually bought when they had their big sale-right now they got 5 qts plus some filter for $30 after rebate. I own nothing that I would consider using the filter for.

That being said, I have a local AC Delco store that my neighbor used to run, I get friends and family discount there...that's a HUGE percentage off. Currently, they don't even list the synthetic 15-50 in their database-even though they have many, many other M1 products. I put in a request for pricing info for whatever quantity I need to-2, 3,4 cases. So, I'm waiting on that pricing. They also can get Brembo stuff, and many oem German goodies.

I got a friend in the parts game baby!
I grew up in NYC and my neighbor across the street owned an auto parts business. Once you have the "inside" pricing, you never can (want to) go back. Unfortunately, that was 40+ years ago and he sold the business.

NAPA has Mobil 1 for $5.98 a quart and a counter display for $12 rebate for every 5 quarts (limited to two).

Mark

Quick Reply: Mobil1 15W50 back at WalMart