Sponsored by:

Rennline rear Toe arms ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:12 AM
jackal2513
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennline rear Toe arms ?

Does anyone run these (or the tarrett equivalents). I am wondering if they detrimentally affect road manners or harshness at all ?

I need a new lower toe arm and it struck me that I could sell my existing one and for the same money get a whole new set of adjustable rennlines.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by jackal2513
Does anyone run these (or the tarrett equivalents). I am wondering if they detrimentally affect road manners or harshness at all ?

I need a new lower toe arm and it struck me that I could sell my existing one and for the same money get a whole new set of adjustable rennlines.
I have the Tarrets they tighten up the rear immensely and are absolute musts for track use. For the street it will depend, on smooth roads they are a non issue, on cratered secondaries they contribute immensely to deteriorated ride quality.

Another issue is longevity, I had had one set that only lasted a season, the current set has boots on the monoballs, the verdict is still out on these
Old 09-28-2011, 01:01 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Agree with Bill on the questionable longevity of the tarret bits. Mine were toast after one season (similar experience with one of my friends). Several of my local 993 crew (4 of us) have ERP links without any failures. I have had mine for two full race seasons. I would recommend going with the ERP parts despite the added cost.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do the ERP/Tarret/Rennline links compare to installing the RS hardenss bushings in the original control arms? My car is 70-80% street... the rest is DE stuff. But, I want a tight handling car. I am thinking that solid subframe mounts and RS hardness bushings will satisfy my requirements better than the hard links... Am I on the right track, or should I go ERP from the start?

Thanks guys... I love this place!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:15 PM
JMR
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want solid subframe mounts, I have a set of new ones with tilt from Rennline.

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Sol...5.XX/SB656676/

Will sell for $350 shipped.

I bought them and never installed them.

I will also have a full set (6) of ERP arms off my car soon. I am going back stock. They have about 8 hours of track time on them and maybe 150 street miles. I haven't thought about pricing yet.

PM Me
Old 09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JMR
If you want solid subframe mounts, I have a set of new ones with tilt from Rennline.

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Sol...5.XX/SB656676/

Will sell for $350 shipped.

I bought them and never installed them.

I will also have a full set (6) of ERP arms off my car soon. I am going back stock. They have about 8 hours of track time on them and maybe 150 street miles. I haven't thought about pricing yet.

PM Me
PM sent.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michael S.
How do the ERP/Tarret/Rennline links compare to installing the RS hardenss bushings in the original control arms? My car is 70-80% street... the rest is DE stuff. But, I want a tight handling car. I am thinking that solid subframe mounts and RS hardness bushings will satisfy my requirements better than the hard links... Am I on the right track, or should I go ERP from the start?

Thanks guys... I love this place!
RS hardness on all the arms w/ solid subframe is a great street track/compromise, subbing in monoball toe links is icing on the cake for track use as would monoballs on the other arms. the issue w/ monoballs is always going to be longevity so JMO, hard rubber except monoball toe link is the way to go, of course monoball shock top and solid subframe too.

just a note, the RS used the same toe links as a normal so to get hard rubber there you need to use Elephant's
Old 09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bill,

Thanks for the info... I've read your post(s) and was already planning on going with the Elephant bushings... Combined with a subframe bushing kit, I think I'll get rid of 90% of the rear loosness, whilst keeping a streetable car. I will likely be picking your brain sometime in the future for direction.

Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Anyone considering PCA club racing should know that the tilt kits are not legal in the stock or prepared classes.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:08 PM
berni29
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi There Michael

I have the ER sport bushings on the rear of my 993. Nice product. The front bushes are excellent as well. The standard toe arms have less rubber than the other bushes on the rear arms so are stiff as standard. Probably why the RS part is the same. I already have the RS engine mounts and want to do the solid sides next. The engine is out at the moment so now is a good time I guess.

As things stand I have not noticed much more NVH at the rear at all.

Berni

Last edited by berni29; 09-28-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Anyone considering PCA club racing should know that the tilt kits are not legal in the stock or prepared classes.
AFAIK know one uses a tilt kit on N/A 993s, there are other reasons not not use a tilt kit.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
AFAIK know one uses a tilt kit on N/A 993s, there are other reasons not not use a tilt kit.
Not sure exactly why a tilt kit is beneficial, but Chris Cervelli suggested it for my car, along with a few other tweaks, and forgot that it wasn't PCA CR legal in my class.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

I read in someone's post recently that the only way they could get the Kinematic toe into spec at lowered ride height was with the tilt kit installed... Regardless, I don't plan on actually racing my 993... only playing in a few DEs each year. Can't afford a race obsession right now!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michael S.
I read in someone's post recently that the only way they could get the Kinematic toe into spec at lowered ride height was with the tilt kit installed... Regardless, I don't plan on actually racing my 993... only playing in a few DEs each year. Can't afford a race obsession right now!
Most of us tracking these cars do everything we can to minimize or eliminate KT. flat solid sides are fine and have no impact in this area, they do move the subframe up into the chassis, which on a lowered car restores the geometry, think of it like the RS wheel carriers and tierods used in front which restore geometry on lowered cars, the tilts are used to add anti squat, mostly used on the high hp turbos. W/ a tilt kit there is an issue bolting the stock forward cross member to the car.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

So did I just purchase a kit that I can't use, or can I just not install some of the parts and get the solid mounts from the tilt kit?

Quick Reply: Rennline rear Toe arms ?