Sponsored by:

Rennline rear Toe arms ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
ToSi
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
Most of us tracking these cars do everything we can to minimize or eliminate KT. flat solid sides are fine and have no impact in this area, they do move the subframe up into the chassis, which on a lowered car restores the geometry, think of it like the RS wheel carriers and tierods used in front which restore geometry on lowered cars,..
How much does the subframe move up relative the chassis?

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
the tilts are used to add anti squat, mostly used on the high hp turbos. W/ a tilt kit there is an issue bolting the stock forward cross member to the car.
Lowering the front of the subframe reduces anti-squat. I remember reading that a stock 993 is ~90%, I think a more typical target is ~50%. Could be that the A/S was reduced to compensate for super stiff GT2 springs to improve traction or make the cars easier to drive?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael S.
So did I just purchase a kit that I can't use, or can I just not install some of the parts and get the solid mounts from the tilt kit?
what kit did you buy, Rennline, ERP and FVD all have 2 different versions of sub-frame kits, one tilts and one is flat. You want the flat version. From what I have seen the Rennline kit is the best and most complete.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got JMR's Rennline set... If I read the Rennline site correctly, their tilt kit should be configurable ether way (with or without tilt), correct?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ToSi
How much does the subframe move up relative the chassis?

Lowering the front of the subframe reduces anti-squat. I remember reading that a stock 993 is ~90%, I think a more typical target is ~50%. Could be that the A/S was reduced to compensate for super stiff GT2 springs to improve traction or make the cars easier to drive?
From memory it raises the subframe between 5 and 10mm...

The tilt kit is for anti squat, however it is to compensate for the HP and Torque of the GT2 motor.

The rennline kit can be installed as either the tilt or solid (no tilt kit)

Quick Reply: Rennline rear Toe arms ?