Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

5500+ hits. Thats 10x more than the Vesuvius tippy which has been on Ebay for longer.

How does the saying go? There is no such thing as bad publicity.....
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beat up the old guy? Seriously I was second in line to a dealer that was screwing with him. I paid 5k more then the dealer and wired him the money on the spot. It was his idea and he upped the price last second, but I didn't bitch about 5k and just paid it. Call him if you want to know that bad. Thanks to most of the good guys on this board, I'm not leaving over a few crybabies. I'm actually thinking about buying another one. Let's see what theory the crybabies come up with for that one.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
I will also have the EXACT number produced shortly confirmed. I am trying to get documentation on that,
Funny, I was raised that the time to give clear, factual and TRUE information on a $100K+ car is BEFORE you list it for sale, not AFTER you were caught lying about claims that are not true.

This car may or may not be what it claims to be, but anyone buying this car, from this seller, at this price, is someone I do not envy.

I will now take a moment of silence for the unlucky victims of the GT3 board
Old 08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bottom line:If there are real bidders involved,highest bidder will get the car and seller would be stupid not to sell the car for that kind of money.If no real bidders,seller will end the auction and state Item is no longer For Sale.Any auction can be ended,if there are at least 12 hours remaining.Here are rules for ending an auction:I think the seller probably knows these rules.

"If there are 12 hours or more before the end of the listing, you can end the listing early without restrictions. If there are any bids on your item when you end the listing, you'll be asked whether you want to cancel the bids or sell the item to the high bidder".
Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Blue cars are pretty.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:55 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Funny, I was raised that the time to give clear, factual and TRUE information on a $100K+ car is BEFORE you list it for sale, not AFTER you were caught lying about claims that are not true.

This car may or may not be what it claims to be, but anyone buying this car, from this seller, at this price, is someone I do not envy.

I will now take a moment of silence for the unlucky victims of the GT3 board
And how many 100+ k cars have you listed? Next time I will have you set up the listing for me
Old 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Blue cars are pretty.
+1 Blue in general is pretty... I love blue.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
+1 Blue in general is pretty... I love blue.
+2.

In fact, I'm still hunting for a non-midnight Blue Cab.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

And how many 100+ k cars have you listed? Next time I will have you set up the listing for me
Oh, I didn't know there was a price point where it's OK to mislead sellers and/or post false information. Please, tell us more...
Old 08-06-2012, 03:38 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Oh, is there a price point where it's OK to mislead sellers and/or post false information? Please, tell me more...
That's not what I asked, care to answer the question Mr. Big Shot? Funny none of the potential buyers I have spoken with feel misled in the slightest. But hey my car is obviously giving your life meaning, so post away....
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
You can try to bluff this all you want, but it is clear that many here have detected the foul stench of disingenuousness.

Let's look at the history of you and this car:

• You buy the car, beating up an old guy in the process, under the premise of using as a daily driver but end up putting only 11 miles on the car, deciding in short order to sell the car. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You then state in your eBay ad that the car is a one owner car when it's really a two owner car. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You state that you meant that the ownership issue was a typo, implying that you meant to type in "two" instead of "one". Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You also state that you posted the ad from your phone in a few minutes and that this is another reason why the ad states that the car only had one owner. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You waited several days before you corrected the ownership issue. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

This has nothing to do with envy; I think we're all thrilled that you're getting so much for your car. Rather, this has everything to do with honesty and transparency on this board. I think it's hard to deny that your sales tactics with the car, at least here on Rennlist, have really been a near-total mess and have only hurt your reputation as being a stand-up guy.

Want to know how to avoid this in the future? Be honest. It's just that simple.

Go sell your car, buy your GT3 and pollute the GT3 board with your bullsh1t. The 993 board takes a really dim view of these antics.
This is such a great post that it bears repeating.

I noticed you have no witty retort to this post, GYM GUY.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

I did respond see above and guess what in a few days what will you have to do with your life when my car is gone??? Poor guy....
Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

I did respond see above and guess what in a few days what will you have to do with your life when my car is gone??? Poor guy....
You still don't get it.

What we care about here is truth and honesty. You suffer from a lack of both, among other things.

I will be happy not when your car is gone, but when you are gone. Aside from your car, you bring nothing of value to this board. There are many others on here who feel the same way.

Good luck and good riddance.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

And whats sad, is that this car stands on its own merits. It doesn't need embellishment, dishonesty and shady used car dealer tactics to sell for a very good price.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

You still don't get it.

What we care about here is truth and honesty. You suffer from a lack of both, among other things.

I will be happy not when your car is gone, but when you are gone. Aside from your car, you bring nothing of value to this board. There are many others on here who feel the same way.

Good luck and good riddance.
I hate to break it to you, but I have received a many PM about guys on this board that feel the same way about you and your buddy cordo. FYI I won't be going anywhere. I will be buying another 993 for a DD as originally intended.
Cheers!

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....