Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:14 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
You ARE lemon .. you ARE!
I guess Lemon is better than Banana.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
I guess Lemon is better than Banana.
I think so ...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:14 PM
SPD YLO
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check ebay.de (Germany) for prices there.
$1500 shipping fee takes it back to the fatherland.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:24 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

On one hand, it's great that GYMGUY finally decided to amend his erroneous listing and tell the truth that this is a 2-owner car, and NOT a one owner car. I wonder why he waited until after the reserve hit to do so? Hmm.

Now, if he would also amend the other error he knows about, that this is the ONLY 1998 Riv Blue C2S in the U.S., which GYMGUY also knows is not true, he might finally have an ad up that isn't full of mis-truths.

For $106K, I sure wouldn't want the seller to making false claims. Though it sounds like GYMGUY has a second career: he's a natural-born shady used car dealer
Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
On one hand, it's great that GYMGUY finally decided to amend his erroneous listing and tell the truth that this is a 2-owner car, and NOT a one owner car. I wonder why he waited until after the reserve hit to do so? Hmm.

Now, if he would also amend the other error he knows about, that this is the ONLY 1998 Riv Blue C2S in the U.S., which GYMGUY also knows is not true, he might finally have an ad up that isn't full of mis-truths.

For $106K, I sure wouldn't want the seller to making false claims. Though it sounds like GYMGUY has a second career: he's a natural-born shady used car dealer
Obviously you can't read. The reserve was set that high because if it didn't get there I was not selling the car. I wasn't sure if it would hit it or not, but anything under and I was keeping her. Hard to be a used car dealer when you've lost money on every car, but one. And once again for someone who isn't into these smurf cars you sure are on top of mine? Maybe a little of this I bet you are one of the bidders, great strategy. Why don't you check out these pictures and actually see why there is so much interest: http://photobucket.com/98RBC2S

Please let the show go on, I'm enjoying you guys. Can I still visit you guys when all I have is the GT3?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
Obviously you can't read. The reserve was set that high because if it didn't get there I was not selling the car. I wasn't sure if it would hit it or not, but anything under and I was keeping her. Hard to be a used car dealer when you've lost money on every car, but one. And once again for someone who isn't into these smurf cars you sure are on top of mine? Maybe a little of this I bet you are one of the bidders, great strategy. Why don't you check out these pictures and actually see why there is so much interest: http://photobucket.com/98RBC2S

Please let the show go on, I'm enjoying you guys. Can I still visit you guys when all I have is the GT3?
Hey, I just think anyone spending this kind of coin on a car should expect the seller to be honest. You purposely misrepresented this car by saying it was one-owner. The fact that when you got called on it, you waited several days to amend the ad reinforces that you're a bit shady. There are other things you may have lied about in your ad as well.

I notice that you never deny you lied in your ad, nor do you ever come clean that you did lie. The fact that you intentionally lied in your eBay auction, and only that fact, is the only interest I have. I'm a big fan of people not lying to everyone about their car for sale on Rennlist, that's all
Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Hey, I just think anyone spending this kind of coin on a car should expect the seller to be honest. You purposely misrepresented this car by saying it was one-owner. The fact that when you got called on it, you waited several days to amend the ad reinforces that you're a bit shady. There are other things you may have lied about in your ad as well.

I notice that you never deny you lied in your ad, nor do you ever come clean that you did lie. The fact that you intentionally lied in your eBay auction, and only that fact, is the only interest I have. I'm a big fan of people not lying to everyone about their car for sale on Rennlist, that's all
Wow there are way too many threads to keep up with and for thy the record I never lied. I answered this in your other post, so go read it since you obviously have nothing better to do. For the record again, quite a few people have come to see the car and documentation in person, I would expect most people would do that spending this kind of coin as you call it. Bottom line if you don't want the car then don't buy it. I'm not twisting anyone's arm and I have more interest and offers on this car then all past cars combined. I did not expect that at all. Enjoy your night keep it coming, so I have something to laugh at tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Umm, you purposely and intentionally stated your car was a one-owner car when you started your eBay auction. You knew when you wrote that lie that it was a lie. Being an expert on eBay or not has nothing to do with lying.

You amended your ad once some Rennlisters saw your lie and called you on it. Although you waited several days to amend your ad about your lie.

Stating something that you know to be false, such as claiming you have a 1-owner car for sale when you know you're not the original owner, is the definition of lying.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

so go read it since you obviously have nothing better to do.
Gymguy, don't waist your time with this guy,you are right! he doesn't have nothing to do! All he does here is criticize every ones post here, I think he's one of those guys that gets bossed around at home, so he comes here to take it out on us
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Umm, you purposely and intentionally stated your car was a one-owner car when you started your eBay auction. You knew when you wrote that lie that it was a lie. Being an expert on eBay or not has nothing to do with lying.

You amended your ad once some Rennlisters saw your lie and called you on it. Although you waited several days to amend your ad about your lie.

Stating something that you know to be false, such as claiming you have a 1-owner car for sale when you know you're not the original owner, is the definition of lying.
Now that you are copying and pasting exactly what you wrote in the other thread... I guess I will copy and paste my response? Do you need a time out? You are worse then my 3 year old....

"Are we in preschool here? Sure feels like it. Whats funny is most of the people that have emailed me, I have given the original owners phone number and you are crying about an ebay ad I typed up in three minutes on my cell phone spur of the moment to try to pull off another car. You are right I had a premeditated reason for making the reserve high and only changed the ad because you figured me out Judge Judy I do find it funny that you think I would change anything based on your efforts, I guess everyone on eBay is also a member of Rennlist, you got me there. Good job and keep it coming....."

Lets at least try to keep it to one thread....
Old 08-06-2012, 02:08 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by Opo
Gymguy, don't waist your time with this guy,you are right! he doesn't have nothing to do! All he does here is criticize every ones post here, I think he's one of those guys that gets bossed around at home, so he comes here to take it out on us

I totally agree with you. An old grumpy, jealous, man with nothing better to do... Does he really even have a porsche? I offered to let him see the car and documentation in person and surprisingly enough no response! This is actually so funny my wife has even been following it with me. Bottom line like the rest of the SERIOUS buyers, come see the car and documentation for yourself and if you can't you really don't have much to complain about because you are obviously not buying this car.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Yes, you're right, I'm not bidding on your car.

All I wondered is, and I'm not the only one, is why you decided to represent this as a 1-owner car, when you knew it wasn't.

I also wonder why, when you found out your ad was false, you waited several days (until the reserve tripped) until you decided to amend your ad and fix this.

All these posts, and you have not answered why you originally stated this was a one-owner car, when you knew full well it wasn't. I also think its rather odd when you called on it, you waited a long time to amend the ad.

I just find that curious, that's all.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

To the OP. You have a beautiful 993 in a rare colour. I wish you the best in getting the most out of the car. What I find troubling is that this thread has turned into a for-sale thread and despite all the numbers being tossed around, you still haven't listed a price. Yes, we know where to find the ebay auction. Yes, I see the current bid. But there is no price listed either here or any of the other threads about your car.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

See my past ten responses to you.

Yes, you're right, I'm not bidding on your car.

All I wondered is, and I'm not the only one, is why you decided to represent this as a 1-owner car, when you knew it wasn't.

I also wonder why, when you found out your ad was false, you waited several days (until the reserve tripped) until you decided to amend your ad and fix this.

All these posts, and you have not answered why you originally stated this was a one-owner car, when you knew full well it wasn't. I also think its rather odd when you called on it, you waited a long time to amend the ad.

I just find that curious, that's all.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:27 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

See my past ten responses to you.
The last 10 responses you also avoided answering why you initially misrepresented your car as 1-owner. Also interesting.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....