Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Wanting to buy the following 993

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:25 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Buying from a dealer like this gives you know clue as to how this car was treated in its past life. Buying from a private party gives your gut a chance to weigh in.

But, I suppose the issues you've noted, the low fluid and cracked belts from your cursory PPI speak volumes about this car's past life....

Keep looking.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:21 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default sold the 993

Sold my immaculate 993 today

Thanks Wolf and enjoy the trip back to St Louis!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wolfk
Nurburger, can you elaborate on Auto Europe? Had the PPI done yesterday by Lavery Porsche and it was pretty much a joke. All I got out of it was engine oil level was low, belts were cracking, air filter crushed, brake pads 50%, everything else good. Should have joined Rennlist earlier.

Will probably pass on the car
Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.....NOW!!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Wolfk
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Made it back and safe. Bought the car from rol607 , it was a very nice meeting and pleasant exchange of ownership. The car was as advertised, garage queen. Looks like it just rolled out the show room. Drove the car 600 miles back to St. Louis. The drive was uneventful, no problems, however, Interstate 70 through Indiana blows.

I just want to make it clear that the green car that I originally looked at in the beginning of this thread is not as bad as it sounds. I did look at the car in person and drove it. The interior is pristine. It drove well, it was solid. Had it up on a rack, their is no evidence of collision. Nothing looks repainted, I don't think the engine lid is latched in the photo. There is some slight waviness in the doors, from probably paintless dent removal. The alarm lights that went off on the dash, I now know is normal.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:48 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfk

Made it back and safe. Bought the car from rol607 , it was a very nice meeting and pleasant exchange of ownership. The car was as advertised, garage queen. Looks like it just rolled out the show room. Drove the car 600 miles back to St. Louis. The drive was uneventful, no problems, however, Interstate 70 through Indiana blows.

I just want to make it clear that the green car that I originally looked at in the beginning of this thread is not as bad as it sounds. I did look at the car in person and drove it. The interior is pristine. It drove well, it was solid. Had it up on a rack, their is no evidence of collision. Nothing looks repainted, I don't think the engine lid is latched in the photo. There is some slight waviness in the doors, from probably paintless dent removal. The alarm lights that went off on the dash, I now know is normal.
Awesome picture! Glad you like it.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Rialas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations to both of you. Looking through those wheels, it looks as clean underneath as it does on top. Great.

Last edited by Rialas; 10-11-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Wanting to buy the following 993