Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

HiFi - Dynaudio - DEX P99RS head unit - pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 10:59 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Post #6
The VW/Dynaudio mid-range part number is 7H0-035-415 and xxx-xxx-416 respectively. Its a 2.5-inch (80mm) mid-range driver said to be a cousin of the Dyn MD140 mid-range driver; from the best that I've culled from the car audio gurus. It sounds great in the 993s Hi-Fi option mid-center speaker/driver position.

I should post the slight mid-driver dis-assembly needed to fit into the HiFi option enclosure. After this its a snap. I'll post a few pics. The center driver position swap pay's a big audio dividend in the form of soundstage, bandwidth, detail, etc. A huge improvement on the cheap. $150.00 USD $ used or so on eBay.de & eBay.com.

Originally Posted by helmet993
Is eBay the best place to find these?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 AM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Just wanted to give a shoutout to M. Schneider for discovering these speakers. I just installed mine and they make a world of difference even with the stock Nokia amp. Highly recommended.
The following users liked this post:
M. Schneider (06-08-2020)
Old 09-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Pdyson4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pioneer A900 amps

Hi Mike, I know this an old thread but can you tell me where and how you installed your A900 amps? I have a DEX-P99RS hard unit and want to replace the nokia amp with two A900's.

Originally Posted by M. Schneider
Post #6
The VW/Dynaudio mid-range part number is 7H0-035-415 and xxx-xxx-416 respectively. Its a 3 inch mid-range driver said to be a cousin of the Dyn MD140 mid-range driver; from the best that I've culled from the car audio guru's. It sounds great in the 993s hifi option mid-center speaker/driver position.

I should post the slight mid-driver dis-assembily needed to fit into the HiFi option enclosure. After this its a snap. I'll post a few pic's. The center driver position swap pay's a big audio dividend in the form of sound stage, bandwidth, detail, etc. A huge improvement on the cheap. $150.00 USD $ used or so on eBay.de & eBay.com.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:26 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Pdyson4 -
Where:
The (2) A900's are in the coupe's trunk, laying down on the spare-tire carpet, side by side with the I/O's & Spkr wiring facing fore and aft respectively. The 2 amplifiers are secured to the carpet, each with wide Velcro. The 2 amplifiers are covered by 1/8" masonite covered with like-kind black carpet. A900 (A) is bridged 2ch mono and A900 (B) is in 4ch mode powering; 2 ch's of Low mid-range, 2ch's of Mid-range and 2ch's of High Frequency.

How:
Sourcing 12V power is cake as the location of the battery is below and adjacent to amplifiers. Input signals from the P99RS are handled via a 1/2-inch diameter umbilical cord with RCA termination.
The signal cable is constructed using Canare Multichannel Star Quad 22ga snake cable. Performance Audio in SLT, UT (Performance constructed my snake using requested Canare cable., About $125 IIRC) .. Mogami Cable makes an alternate variety signal cable. www.mogamicable.com
www.canare.com

Good luck - Mike

Originally Posted by Pdyson4
Hi Mike, I know this an old thread but can you tell me where and how you installed your A900 amps? I have a DEX-P99RS hard unit and want to replace the Nokia amp with two A900's.

Quick Reply: HiFi - Dynaudio - DEX P99RS head unit - pictures.