Sponsored by:

New Wheels for my 96'

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by mazetto
What can I do about the inset problem???
Why don't you use 5mm spacers to get the look you like? I think you'd be real happy with the stance / look and your wallet won't be much lighter at all.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Your car looks very nice as is, but If you buy other wheels don't sell your twist cause you are going to want to put them back one day.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:41 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 573 Posts

What can I do about the inset problem???
install a spacer between the hub and the wheel.
they range from 4mm to 25mm.

craig
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Mazetto, your 993 looks hawt!!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

helmet993 - pictures of your car played a big role in starting my search for GT3 wheels, not the easiest to find with the TT offsets. Finally found some and had them painted Meteor Gray Metallic which looked great on my Arctic Silver 993 C2S. Now I have them on my 6TT and still think they are some of the best looking wheels out there, especially being oem. Only downside is they're heavy which suits me just fine as I don't track and the roads are crap around here.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:23 AM
mazetto
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thanks for all the kind words about the car. It really got me thinking. I like the turbo twists but still feel like I would like something "different" or "more me" if you will.

Originally Posted by kilodawg
If you decide to get rid of your turbo twists please let me know. They would look perfect on my 993.
I will, thanks for the interest.

Originally Posted by ble2011
mazzetto - I have to agree with the other posts here. Your car looks amazing as it is. What size tires and offsets are you currently running? The back tires seem so wide on a NB 993. I would love to have that look on mine.
The tires are - 225/40R18 and 285/30R18. And I am embarrassed to say that I don't know what the offset is. My guess would be the normal offset. These wheels were put on at the factory. How do I find out the offset???

Originally Posted by sanyata
Why don't you use 5mm spacers to get the look you like? I think you'd be real happy with the stance / look and your wallet won't be much lighter at all.
I will do this for sure if I end up keeping the wheel

Originally Posted by Opo
Your car looks very nice as is, but If you buy other wheels don't sell your twist cause you are going to want to put them back one day.
I'll keep that in mind. Did you experience this?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:49 AM
helmet993
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyata
helmet993 - pictures of your car played a big role in starting my search for GT3 wheels, not the easiest to find with the TT offsets. Finally found some and had them painted Meteor Gray Metallic which looked great on my Arctic Silver 993 C2S. Now I have them on my 6TT and still think they are some of the best looking wheels out there, especially being oem. Only downside is they're heavy which suits me just fine as I don't track and the roads are crap around here.
Pics? I'd love to see the Gray Metallic GT3 wheels on both of your cars you used them on!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd rather see something besides twists, but that is only because they aren't my favorite Porsche wheel choice. As others have said, don't stress about the gap, and use some spacers if it bugs you that bad.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:08 AM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mazetto, I like your twists and how your car sits now.

However, I love that CCWheel style your thinking about. I almost bought those exact rims. IMHO They look sweet on the Ferrari 360 on the CCW website. I even like the full polished look. When I solicited my friends opinion of those wheels I got the same responses your getting now. I was warned about high maintence of the full raw polished finish and that they were "too blingy."

Its been awhile since I talked toCCW (the owner I think), but he seemed pretty confident in his ability to build me a set of 18" rims with the most aggressive offset for a NB 993.

If you like 'em, get 'em. CCW Seems like a great wheel with a solid rep for a decent price. Wheel choices are such a personal thing, I say do what you want. I would keep your twists stacked in the garage (I still have my hollow spokes) so you have them in case you bend a custom wheel and to have the ability to go back to stock to sell the car.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Well thanks for all the kind words about the car. It really got me thinking. I like the turbo twists but still feel like I would like something "different" or "more me" if you will.

I will, thanks for the interest.

The tires are - 225/40R18 and 285/30R18. And I am embarrassed to say that I don't know what the offset is. My guess would be the normal offset. These wheels were put on at the factory. How do I find out the offset???

I will do this for sure if I end up keeping the wheel

I'll keep that in mind. Did you experience this?
Mazetto
I always wanted different wheels on my targa, so I went from targa wheels to twist , but I wanted some wheels with a lip so I found some veloce 3.6 here from a RL member, and they looked awesome, that was about 6 months ago and when I saw the picture of your car I said to my self, I think is time for the twist to go back on the targa cause your car looks so good with them, and that's why I'm glad I didn't sell them...GLW your new wheels
Old 09-14-2011, 10:27 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by helmet993
Pics? I'd love to see the Gray Metallic GT3 wheels on both of your cars you used them on!
Name:  rims993.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  132.3 KB

Name:  rims.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  100.9 KB

Since this pic I've lowered the car with X73 suspension and installed 7mm spacers on all four corners. it looks really good but no pics yet.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I'd rather see something besides twists, but that is only because they aren't my favorite Porsche wheel choice.
Pretty much what I was going to write. I've never been a fan of the twists. However, I'm also not a fan of those particular CCW wheels and think that CCW wheels look better on track cars. Now, if you were going to replace your twists with Fiske FM-10's or BBS LM's or even CCW's C2K, I'd say the change would be an upgrade. I'm guessing that the CCW's are lighter than what you have now, so that would be a slight performance benefit.

Have you thought of the 996/997 five spokers? Those look terrific?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:09 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

IMHO - If you like the CCWheel style wheel, I think the my02 wheel will give you a resembled look.... and will be a Porsche wheel.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:33 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

If your going to spend money on a set of wheels, then invest in some factory RS Speedlines .. that way, when you need some cash, you can sell them in an hour and make a profit if you keep them in good shape :-) Think of them as AAA rated Berkshire/Hathaway, or gold .. that you can roll on.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Spidey 993

I agree with JPP.

However, if you choose to buy the CCW and then swap out for something different later, I feel another
for sale thread in the new future of "I paid $2,800 for these and only want $2200". Which eventually leads you to sell them for $1200.

Unless $$$ is no object.....

My personal opinion on the wheels is the spokes are too thin. There will be big gaps between those spokes. Thats why MY02 wheels people are split 50/50 on them, looks a bit too futuristic for the 993. CCW are great for Ferrari's because of this.

Anyway, my two cents.

Quick Reply: New Wheels for my 96'