Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker/interior door covers loose??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
levtron
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Speaker/interior door covers loose??

Was wondering if anyone has come up with any creative ways of keeping the speaker/arm rest in place on both doors. There are two little 'fingers that are supposed to clip up into the door handle at the top, but mine always slip out. Last time I had it off, I tried to make a plywood cutout, to add some stability, but it did not work.

Very annoying, especially during AX. I actually get a little speaker grill pattern on my knee..

Wondering minds want to know....
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM
levtron
Racer

Really.. Im the only one with this 'special' feature?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

From your description it sounds like you have the Hi-Fi style door.
If so, check on the attachment point for the bottom panel that sits under the flip-up armrest. I would bet that the attachment point has shattered.
There was a thread about a very creative repair involving bondo/ epoxy/ ?, with lots of pictures, but I cannot find it with “search”.
If I recall correctly, several other posters to that thread suggested the use of a large washer to try to spread the pressure over a larger area.
[It would be great if anyone could help with a search to find this thread!]

Another thing to check is the actual presence or absence of the plastic piece that sits under the forward part of the armrest.

Why do I have such recent and wonderful knowledge about this, you may ask – it’s a current issue for me!
For the low cost of $26 I should have that OEM plastic piece next week, about the same time the repair to the attachment point is complete.

The other option is to convert to an RS style door…
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
JimPA
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

If it's the door pocket mounting that needs repair, this thread has a few pics: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-question.html
Old 09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
levtron
Racer

JimPA.. I have that issue as well ;-).. but this is about the speaker cover connecting to the door handle. The cover wont stay 'tucked', in the handle.

I used the plastic top that was mentioned above, as a template and tried to make a shim out of plywood, but i think its still too thin.

Quick Reply: Speaker/interior door covers loose??