Sponsored by:

RWB in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Craftsmanship? Have you seen the crappy interiors on his cars? All looks on the outside, IMO.
sir ed, i know you are not a fan, but his cars / builds are fast (he is afterall a driftracer).....& actually the only crappy interior was his 930 (built out to 3.8 & converted to naturally aspirated via 6 carbs...race headers, et all, putting out some plus 350) because his personal concept is rauh welt....means rough world/rough build ....his concept of aggressive porsche.

his p-car builds tend to be most tidy indeed. pop over, happy to host & take you out to his shop....get to meet him 1 of the most interesting porsche racers/devotees you may encounter....

cheers

Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the look of the RWB cars. Nice to see I have the same wheels as the car in the video
Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Terence_lai
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
sir ed, i know you are not a fan, but his cars / builds are fast (he is afterall a driftracer).....& actually the only crappy interior was his 930 (built out to 3.8 & converted to naturally aspirated via 6 carbs...race headers, et all, putting out some plus 350) because his personal concept is rauh welt....means rough world/rough build ....his concept of aggressive porsche.

his p-car builds tend to be most tidy indeed. pop over, happy to host & take you out to his shop....get to meet him 1 of the most interesting porsche racers/devotees you may encounter....

cheers

Love His work. RESPECT!

How's about Sunburst? Are they any good?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

cheers

+ 1
I've read a little, but to see him in action (thanks to the video) or in a smokey meditation is something else.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 AM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I LOOOVE RWB cars. They look great.
I wouldn't mind one some day.
Nice re-do of a classic.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I think the lines and proportions are brilliant. He takes the GT2 concept to a much finer design level IMHO ... a place that German tuners like Ruf seem not to have the imagination to visualize or execute.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sir ed, i know you are not a fan, but his cars / builds are fast (he is afterall a driftracer)
The term "drift racer" is funny to me
drifting, by definition, does not equal "fast" or "quick"

It's an entirely different prospect. Though I suppose the broader definition of racing can refer to any sort of competition.

I am sure you know this and I am being incredibly nitpicky but felt it needed to be said since this keeps getting tossed out there as proof of his cars being "fast" in the traditional racing sense (in various threads on RWB).

Personally, I like the look (GT2 on steroids +, not a fan of some of the wings though) but I find myself wondering if they are actually quick around a track (traditional, not drift).
Not trying to pick a fight at all... honestly curious.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:12 AM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i make this video and thanks for the kind words.
the car lost about 10-15kg after conversion. mostly from cutting out steel flair and remove of the aluminum bumper parts.
It's ride on fully adjustable Aragosta suspension (which is parts of RWB package).
The wheel its self is forge wheel and pretty light.
i wasn't a big fan of RWB either till i saw him work, i must say he put's lot's of hearts in his work and he's a true porsche guys.
The car look much better in real life than in video or picture, i was surprise at how good it look. From picture i saw i always feel the wings was to big and massive. In real life it's actually look right.

now i can't say if it will be faster around the track than before but we will give it a test after 964 is done.
will let you guys know!
cheers
Old 09-12-2011, 07:31 AM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by nine64
i make this video and thanks for the kind words.
the car lost about 10-15kg after conversion. mostly from cutting out steel flair and remove of the aluminum bumper parts.
It's ride on fully adjustable Aragosta suspension (which is parts of RWB package).
The wheel its self is forge wheel and pretty light.
i wasn't a big fan of RWB either till i saw him work, i must say he put's lot's of hearts in his work and he's a true porsche guys.
The car look much better in real life than in video or picture, i was surprise at how good it look. From picture i saw i always feel the wings was to big and massive. In real life it's actually look right.

now i can't say if it will be faster around the track than before but we will give it a test after 964 is done.
will let you guys know!
cheers
Lets get together one of these days. I am from the Philippines and airline tickets are so cheap going there. I also race in a cycling race there called Tour of Friendship, formerly Tour of Egat.

It must have cost the owner lots of yen to get Nakai-San to go there.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 AM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by MarkD
The term "drift racer" is funny to me
drifting, by definition, does not equal "fast" or "quick"

It's an entirely different prospect. Though I suppose the broader definition of racing can refer to any sort of competition.

I am sure you know this and I am being incredibly nitpicky but felt it needed to be said since this keeps getting tossed out there as proof of his cars being "fast" in the traditional racing sense (in various threads on RWB).

Personally, I like the look (GT2 on steroids +, not a fan of some of the wings though) but I find myself wondering if they are actually quick around a track (traditional, not drift).
Not trying to pick a fight at all... honestly curious.
I think he was clocked in a race circuit just as fast as GTR's. I also despise drift
Old 09-12-2011, 08:07 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by camlob
I think he was clocked in a race circuit just as fast as GTR's. I also despise drift
yes his cars are quite quick indeed ....tsukuba race track (the track where he stages his annual event) is also home of much of drifter / tuner racers. nakai-san is a devotee of 911 with all the weight post the rear wheels because it does indeed fit with his driving style. not sure why you would despise drift, it is racing after all & most of it very fast & not sure about your area but here quite quick & exciting indeed.

to the poster with new RWB build....congrats, he is truly committed to his craft.

cheers
Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 AM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

disclaimer : it's not my car but belong to a good friend.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 AM
camlob
Pro

Only reason I dont like drift is because its subjective. Meaning it depends on the judges decision. Something like highboard diving or gymnastics. Pure racing to me is based on time. Like Pikes peak, Le Mans 24 hrs, ALMS, Car rally's etc.

Pls dont get me wrong. If drift is where you are happy, then so be it. Maybe I should take back my take back my statement of "despising drift."
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by camlob
Only reason I dont like drift is because its subjective. Meaning it depends on the judges decision. Something like highboard diving or gymnastics. Pure racing to me is based on time. Like Pikes peak, Le Mans 24 hrs, ALMS, Car rally's etc.

Pls dont get me wrong. If drift is where you are happy, then so be it. Maybe I should take back my take back my statement of "despising drift."
no reason to take it back, but in much of drift racing....no judges, only racers
& they are quick indeed

Old 10-22-2011, 02:44 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Quick Reply: RWB in Bangkok