Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recap of the SAI circuit

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Sacardus
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm would be interested in installing a device in my 1997 C2, alternatively adding my name to the second batch. Anyone interested in sharing?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM
AceMckool
AutoX

Default SAI device

I would be interested in sharing. is the device still available? How much? Thank you
Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 PM
AceMckool
AutoX

Hello, is this list dead now? Does anyone has something to say about this SAI fix? What about the second list? I am still interested. Thank you.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

This thread is a bit weird - you are right very little feedback so we have no percentages for example of how many of the approximately 100 units are installed and functional, and how many did not work. It would be good to know..
Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM
AceMckool
AutoX

Hi Mike J. Do you know of anyone that has purchase this SAI device? I am interested in buying one. Thank you
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I did but i was in the second batch and never got one. None of the guys I know have one.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 PM
AceMckool
AutoX

Interesting, I wonder why it all went dead after so much hip! My CEL is on for a while now, and I could use one of these units.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If anyone would like to take over this effort, I would be more than happy to mail them the all design and fabrication files I created to produce the first 100. The electronic design files can be emailed or I can put them on CDROM.

My bride found 3 assembled units from the 100 I built/tested initially; apparently some people changed their minds. I will send these and the hardcopies of the schematic and PCB layout with the rest of the design files.

The PCBs can be fabricated in any quantity, at any time, by Advanced Circuits by merely emailing them the single design file.
The rest of the components are all off the shelf parts from DigiKey Electronics. The exact costs for all of these were posted earlier in this thread.

PM your mailing info and the package will be sent out the next day.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:32 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 698 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If anyone would like to take over this effort, I would be more than happy to mail them the all design and fabrication files I created to produce the first 100. The electronic design files can be emailed or I can put them on CDROM.

My bride found 3 assembled units from the 100 I built/tested initially; apparently some people changed their minds. I will send these and the hardcopies of the schematic and PCB layout with the rest of the design files.

The PCBs can be fabricated in any quantity, at any time, by Advanced Circuits by merely emailing them the single design file.
The rest of the components are all off the shelf parts from DigiKey Electronics. The exact costs for all of these were posted earlier in this thread.

PM your mailing info and the package will be sent out the next day.
If you still have one available, I would like it. Can't seem to PM from my mobile device, but will send addess by tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

One key question for me : Does it work? Its unclear to me, seems to be mixed results, and we have no counts of success/failures (that I have seen anyways).
Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike J
One key question for me : Does it work? Its unclear to me, seems to be mixed results, and we have no counts of success/failures (that I have seen anyways).
It seems to work on 1996, it is unclear on 1997-1998.
The unit was built per the schematic provided by flying_low. It started out with the intention of building "a few" but turned into 100.
Each one was hand assembled, cleaned, 100% electrically tested and shipped.

I don't change my own oil, let alone try and install one of these. I merely volunteered to do the electrical design, assembly and my bride handled all the shipping/payment paperwork, as well as going to the post office to ship units.

Again, if anyone would like to pick up where I left off, please let me know.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:16 PM
AceMckool
AutoX

Hello ITC,
Did you receive my PM with my mailing address? Will I receive a SAI device complete?
Many thanks for all your help and work.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I apologize if I wasn't clear in my earlier post.

I am hoping to find someone who would like to take over this project.
If they would like to produce and sell a second run, that would be up to them.

I would like to provide all the design files along with the 3 assembled units, just in case there are questions or problems.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

RL member AceMckool has offered to take over this project.

I have emailed him the electronic design files (schematic and PCB) and will be mailing him the 3 assembled boards and hardcopies of the schematic and PCB.

Regards,
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
AceMckool
AutoX

Rl members.
I will post in a couple weeks, the manufacturing plan with prices and estimated delivery schedule for the second run of this project.
In the mean time for those interested, please PM me your mailing address and I will start a list.
Also for the ones from the first run: any feed back? Suggestions? Interested friends from outside RL?
Thank you,
Didier

Quick Reply: Recap of the SAI circuit