993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And the WB search continues....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011 | 10:41 PM
cmd4
Pro

Default And the WB search continues....HELP!

So the search is still on for a s or c4s big hipped girl.I've been looking(almost border line obsession)for close to a year.....and still the garage is emptyThought i;d toss the feeler out here since every lead i've founf has had some sort of issue.I look at the usuals-Cars.com,auto trader,ebay,crslist,pelican,6speed,etc...and ofcoarse here.Looking for a driver,so miles and some wear and tear don't scare me,and in fact are somewhat of a plus.I've almost pulled the trigger on some,but there always seems to be a glitch.Also don't mind if they need some work too.My budget really does vary.i've consider ones anywhere from 100k plus in the low thirties,to 40-60k in the fourties.If any of you know of something off the grid please let me know....or if any are thinking of selling let me know too. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.Thanks-Cody, cmderrick@yahoo.com or 828-301-6111.PM's welcomed
Old 08-31-2011 | 10:59 PM
Spidey 993

Cody, best of luck in your search.

You can't find a S or C4S in over a year, and you don't have any die hard requirements? No Rivera blue, sunroof delete, 1-owner, under $20k..

I personally only want to own a car for about 1 year, drive it, enjoy it, and move on to my next Porsche bucket list car. (A.D.D)
Others want to hold for years. However, I know 4 cars right now I would buy if A) my wife would let me B) I had the garage space.

Come on, what gives? There are cars out there right now with your name on it.
Old 08-31-2011 | 11:03 PM
Spidey 993

Dr. Spidey is in the house and my Spidey senses are tingling..
Old 08-31-2011 | 11:11 PM
cmd4
Pro

No specific requirements other than i can't do speed yellow.THe few i wanted to pull the trigger on sold before i could do so.Everytime i time i think i've found THE ONE......It's sold,been wrecked(not a deal breaker if price reflects it),been priced threw the roof....or mostly been on the other coast.May have to do a roadtrip for the right carmy first preference is cashmere interior ....grey and black will do nicely though too.
Old 09-04-2011 | 12:44 PM
cmd4
Pro

http://www.prestigeimports.net/used/...0c70d2032e.htm May have found the one.Any of you know this "S"
Old 09-04-2011 | 12:48 PM
cmd4
Pro

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-blue-31k.html

Also finally talked to this owner.Any of you know this either.Car has had some body work done,but price seems to be in check
Old 09-04-2011 | 02:24 PM
Spidey 993

I live in Boulder, I could check it out this week if interested.

Originally Posted by cmd4
http://www.prestigeimports.net/used/...0c70d2032e.htm May have found the one.Any of you know this "S"
Old 09-04-2011 | 03:08 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

looks like the suspension has been done, what's up with the airbox? Some aftermarket piece, or just modded? Seems priced nicely.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-blue-31k.html

Also finally talked to this owner.Any of you know this either.Car has had some body work done,but price seems to be in check

I love the color, not the wheels. Priced a little high if you ask me. Low miles a plus, but accident and paint history should bring it down a few $K IMHO.

If I was looking, paint work and accident history wouldn't effect my decision, as long as it was presentable and priced right.

That is exactly what my C4S had-accident history(minor rear) and lots of paint work over it's 14 year life. I wanted a driver, something that I could comfortably park in the grocery store lot...and NOT freak out about. Cosmetic's were second to mechanicals for me. Well, 15 months of ownership down the road, and almost 15K miles...I still think the car was a great buy.

I have a better education about paint work now, and can clearly see where and what has been done previously to my car. That being said, probably 9 out of 10 people would never notice it.

Good luck with your search, keep us up to date.
Old 09-04-2011 | 06:42 PM
cmd4
Pro

I'm looking for a driver too,so the paintwork doesn't scare me,as long as it was done properly and he's neg. on price.
Old 09-09-2011 | 09:21 AM
cmd4
Pro

Yeah,so THE one in CO,which is pretty much exactly what i'm looking for.......just went up 5k in price once they got pictures up.Tried getting the dealer to honor initial price,no luck
Old 09-09-2011 | 10:45 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default How about a Arena Red Carrera 4S?

My friend Brent Smith has a beauty (Unmolested) Carrera 4S at Smith Volvo. It is a Cali car and in incredible shape, and as I recall, priced right. The car is in San Luis Obispo, CA.

At least with the Carrera 4S you get the Big Reds and 18" wheels. Not so much with the Carrera S.....however, let me eat a little crow here...I just went from Big Reds to stock 993 brakes (Needed to do this to stay in a specific class). I am very pleased with the stock brakes and the Pagid Pads are a little cheaper, so are the rotors! Of course the calipers are painted poseur Red!

No affiliation, bla, bla: Brent is my racing buddy. The cars he sells are pristine. He loses on every deal but makes it up in volume!

Last edited by Martin S.; 09-09-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Speling :)
Old 09-09-2011 | 11:21 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

That Arena Red looks the bomb!
Old 09-09-2011 | 05:54 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

We may be selling ours in the near future to generate funds for a worthy cause elsewhere.
PM me is interested in a Actric Silver/Boxter Red C2S with 40k on the clock and everything updated to spec or better. OE parts included. COA, Window sticker all docs.
Old 09-09-2011 | 07:00 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Check this one out (no affiliation): http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...carrera-s.html

Black with black interior, 3.8 big bored kit, Molly pistons/cylinders, new valves & guides, RSR cams, solid valve lifters, only 4k on new motor, top & bottom end rebuilt by Schneider ********, current mileage 93k, remapped ecu by Protomotive, new clutch, single mass flywheel, short shift kit, H&R coil overs, steel braided brake lines, black turbo twists with almost new pirelli tires, carbon fiber A-pillar covers, Weltmeister strut tower brace, Xenon headlights, European tail lights, 3.8 R/S wing, tinted windows, carbon fiber steering wheel, dash, shift ****, Billet aluminum E-brake handle, Rennline dead pedal, floorboard, track mats, door pulls, hardwire for Valentine One radar detector, 6 disc cd changer, leakdown test shows 220-230 on all cyclinders, asking $42,500, car is located in Northern California, if interested PM me with any questions or leave a contact number and best time to call.

Old 09-09-2011 | 11:30 PM
cmd4
Pro

yeah i've seen that one, and as much as i love the look of a black on black........i'm really wanting a cashmere or lighter interior.My s4 is black on black and it really does look great when clean....it's ALOT of work to keep clean thoughi really do appreciate though the links and pm's so far.keep em coming!

Quick Reply: And the WB search continues....HELP!