Sponsored by:

Help on pricing a car

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM
twinreds
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Help on pricing a car

I have been looking to downsize my garage since the toddler started keeping me busier and there is another bun in the oven. I've had some interest from people that know my cars locally, but cannot figure a price.
The car:
Is a 1995, guards red with cashmere. Has 24,XXX miles. It's a fairly basic model with motorsound option and still has the original radio and CD changer.
The mods:
Perfectpower strut brace, M030 with PSS9's, DACH X cat bypass and Fister III's, OEM twin turbo tail, RUF wheels, silver badge

Since I have no use for the extras, I was planning to include the spares and stock stuff as part of the deal so I don't have to go EBAY. They are as follows:
Turbo Twists, original retractable decklid, original cats and mufflers, Mille Miglia mufflers and 3-spoke steering wheel.

I am not even decide to part with the car, but honestly, it's getting no driving time and I feel it's only fair for the car to be driven.

Could you guys help me price the package?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:32 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

GLWTS! PM sent on 3 spoke steering wheel
Old 08-17-2011, 01:05 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

low milage '95 in good shape...mid 30's?
Old 08-17-2011, 02:03 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of curiosity, how often were you driving it? what are the actual reasons for not driving it as much now? I am sure, if you can afford to keep it, you will be much happier long run, having a chance to take 1 and 2 kids for rids in it will be priceless afterall.

I love hering stories about guys who are in their "old age" and can say they bought thier car 20-30-40 years ago and still have it. My dad's the same way with his 914-6, bought new and while there have been many years of "little to no use", he still has it. Keep it!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twinreds
I have been looking to downsize my garage since the toddler started keeping me busier and there is another bun in the oven. I've had some interest from people that know my cars locally, but cannot figure a price.
The car:
Is a 1995, guards red with cashmere. Has 24,XXX miles. It's a fairly basic model with motorsound option and still has the original radio and CD changer.
The mods:
Perfectpower strut brace, M030 with PSS9's, DACH X cat bypass and Fister III's, OEM twin turbo tail, RUF wheels, silver badge

Since I have no use for the extras, I was planning to include the spares and stock stuff as part of the deal so I don't have to go EBAY. They are as follows:
Turbo Twists, original retractable decklid, original cats and mufflers, Mille Miglia mufflers and 3-spoke steering wheel.

I am not even decide to part with the car, but honestly, it's getting no driving time and I feel it's only fair for the car to be driven.

Could you guys help me price the package?
Offer it with all the mods...for $40k via RL and Pelican. If it doesn't sell, return to stock (rear lid, wheels, steering wheel, mufflers) and offer on PCA and cars.com and/or autotrader plus CL locally for $39k; then list the parts here and on Pelican.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:37 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 241 Posts

I've got news for you - now is the time to enjoy the car while they're young. When they get older ( 9+) you will have zero car time....
Old 08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My free opinion?
Low 30's. The turbo tail might not be for everyone, especially on an othewise very nice low mileage car. I'd consider putting the original decklid back on.
GLWS
Old 08-17-2011, 03:51 PM
twinreds
Racer

Originally Posted by racer
Out of curiosity, how often were you driving it? what are the actual reasons for not driving it as much now? I am sure, if you can afford to keep it, you will be much happier long run, having a chance to take 1 and 2 kids for rids in it will be priceless afterall.

I love hering stories about guys who are in their "old age" and can say they bought thier car 20-30-40 years ago and still have it. My dad's the same way with his 914-6, bought new and while there have been many years of "little to no use", he still has it. Keep it!
The honest answer, no space at home. That makes me store them away and makes it a chore. To make things worse, my DD doesn't fit in the storage with the 930, so I have to leave it outside and be forced to come back. I have been considering this since my son was born and never pulled the trigger, and this is the closest I've been.

Trinity:
Thank you for forecasting my future outlook.

Btw, if the 993 goes, so will the 930. I have to cut clean or not at all...
Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
NEK
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mostly agree with deadhead's suggestion. I'd offer it here as is at $38K give or take. If it doesn't go here, return to original as best you can, offer it to the world at the same price and sell your mods here.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twinreds
Btw, if the 993 goes, so will the 930. I have to cut clean or not at all...
YIKES

Will you at least start another thread about "I need a new DD that does everything my old 911's did AND have room for 2 kids, and a dog AND get 50mpg and fit in my tiny garage"?

No room I can cope with.. no time?

btw, what is the Daily Driver? Why not make the 993 the "DD"

As for price? 30K
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A really nice '95 with 24,000 miles should bring high 30's ($36,000 - $39,000) with no problem. Buyers aren't pouring out of the woodwork in these tough times though so be patient and you will get your price. GLWS!!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 PM
twinreds
Racer

Originally Posted by racer
YIKES

Will you at least start another thread about "I need a new DD that does everything my old 911's did AND have room for 2 kids, and a dog AND get 50mpg and fit in my tiny garage"?

No room I can cope with.. no time?

btw, what is the Daily Driver? Why not make the 993 the "DD"

As for price? 30K

Daily driver is a Mercedes E63. Quite a car, but the engine is in the wrong end of the car ;-). My wife has an extended Escalade, so it's like she is trying to evict my cars.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
Offer it with all the mods...for $40k via RL and Pelican. If it doesn't sell, return to stock (rear lid, wheels, steering wheel, mufflers) and offer on PCA and cars.com and/or autotrader plus CL locally for $39k; then list the parts here and on Pelican.
Originally Posted by early_grayce
My free opinion? Low 30's. The turbo tail might not be for everyone, especially on an othewise very nice low mileage car. I'd consider putting the original decklid back on. GLWS
+3. Buyers of 24K cars want "virgins." For maximum selling price, take it back to stock.

Quick Reply: Help on pricing a car