Sponsored by:

993 improvements

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by certz
We can make suggestions that will make your car a real monster on the track but the first pot hole you hit you will loose a filling.
Misconception. The faux RS actually rides better on the street with the Motons and 600/800 springs than the 4S does with PSS9, IF I have street seats installed. It's even pretty pleasant with 17" tires, even with an R compound like an RA1.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by matti993
Hello folks,

My name is mathias and i am 26 years old from belgium. I have been reading a bit on this forum already but there is so much information on :P
I bought my first porsche in february this year and i love it !
Its a aventura green 993 NB from 1996 with the non varioram engine, 272P.
Now the questions start.
Im looking to improve the car in a few ways.
i want the bucket seats of the RS, but are there replicas for it from recaro?
id like a different steering wheel aswell with airbag if possible that i can get closer to me, dont really know how to solve this problem. havent found any kind of spacer yet.
ill probably switch the suspension to PSS10 aswell
should i change the enginge mounts aswell ? ive been reading about those WEVO mounts, do they supply the transmission mounts aswell ? couldnt find them on their site for the 993 ?
ive changed the mufflers for DANSK mufflers and will get 100cell sportkatalyst probably next week.
Im looking for some more upgrades on the enginge to gain a bit more power. what do you guys suggest ?
maybe a different air intake to start with ?
what other mods should i think about aswell ?
nice to meet all of you guys !
cheers
There is a fellow named Gert Carnewal that has a business in Belgium that is very good at supplying upgrade parts for a 993, P93 parts are for 993

what you do depends entirely on how you plan to use the car, it's going to be very expensive to get more power from the engine, I'd leave it alone and concentrate on the suspension and seats

for street use Bilstein HD w/ M030 springs is popular as is PSS10
more track oriented suspension is JIC and KW where there is more choice of springs

I'd leave the engine/trans mounts alone unless it's a track oriented car and/or the stock ones are worn out.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:35 PM
certz
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Misconception. The faux RS actually rides better on the street with the Motons and 600/800 springs than the 4S does with PSS9, IF I have street seats installed. It's even pretty pleasant with 17" tires, even with an R compound like an RA1.
I have motons with 700/900 springs and run RS (maybe a little below) ride height on the black car. It has race seats in it and once I am out on the highway, I can soften it up enough that I am fine with the ride even driving up to RA which is about 2.5-3 hours. I live in the city and it is no DD, though, and I do not prefer it over the C2S, which has stock seats, HD's and M030, for running down to the store for milk and a cup of sugar. I was really just trying to say that there are compromises that he will have to live with the more track oriented he makes the car.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 PM
matti993
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not looking for hardback sport seats, but for the bucket seats out of the RS.
this one :
http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod11...che-964---993/

a friend of mine told me that this one is the same thing :

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod11...ts-Seat---GTR/

doesnt look like the same thing to me ? does anyone have an idea ?

at the moment i also have the K&N filter and drilled out airbox cover like the motorsound option
my plan was after the install of my 100cell sportcats i would have it chiptuned by someone.
now ive been reading some stuff about complete different DME's and so on, is this needed ?? or can i just bring my car to a tuner and he can chiptune it ? i dont expect a lot of power increase, but with the other exhaust and sportcat i figuered it wouldnt be bad to have it tuned aswell...
thats why im asking what i could do to the engine before i have it tuned ...
as in maybe a different air intake ?
what else could i possibly do ?

and for the rest, i would like the car to be a bit firmer, little better throttle response... well just all of it but a little better
Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 AM
matti993
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any suggestions guys ? =)
Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

In my opinion the best racing seat for a 993 is the recaro pole position.
It fits perfectly and looks factory.
The 996 GT3 seat is a bit too big and looks a bit too modern in a 993.

Best regards
Old 08-11-2011, 08:21 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by matti993
im not looking for hardback sport seats, but for the bucket seats out of the RS.
this one :
http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod11...che-964---993/

a friend of mine told me that this one is the same thing :

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod11...ts-Seat---GTR/

doesnt look like the same thing to me ? does anyone have an idea ?

at the moment i also have the K&N filter and drilled out airbox cover like the motorsound option I had the same but the only difference is sound,no gain in power
my plan was after the install of my 100cell sportcats i would have it chiptuned by someone. Good idea
now ive been reading some stuff about complete different DME's and so on, is this needed ?? or can i just bring my car to a tuner and he can chiptune it ? i dont expect a lot of power increase, but with the other exhaust and sportcat i figuered it wouldnt be bad to have it tuned aswell... I wouldn't bother with a new chip
thats why im asking what i could do to the engine before i have it tuned ...
as in maybe a different air intake ? Doesn't work as the original airfilter works best
what else could i possibly do ? If you want to gain power it will become VERY expensive so I would leave the engine as it is.

and for the rest, i would like the car to be a bit firmer, little better throttle response... well just all of it but a little better
A new suspension is a good idea and will transform the car, for example PSS10

Quick Reply: 993 improvements