Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ayrton Senna - US Theatrical Release Aug 12 in LA/NY.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 PM
speedbump2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Senna" Will be playing at the Paramount Theater in Peekskill on Wed 10/19, Thurs 10/20, and friday 10/21, 8pm showtime each day:Senna @ Paramount

--Chuck--
Old 10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 272 Posts

Saw it last week in Winston-Salem at the Aperture Theater. Can certainly understand why it won so many awards. Viewers should keep in mind, this a documentary film. No Hollywood "glitter and glamour" here, just life as it was lived by the players themselves.
p.s.: My lovely, thoughtful car-girl wife got the first copy of the DVD that Barnes & Noble received and gave it to me at Christmas.

Last edited by NC TRACKRAT; 06-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:28 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this film a few days ago on the plane...awesome film!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:05 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

duplicate post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Just saw this last night via Netflix. The film itself was very good, not quite excellent.

I was in college during his heyday. I had a very good friend who pulled me into F1. We were both Mansell fans, hated Prost, but Senna seemed more of a mystery to me. After watching this film, I became very impressed with him as a person. In addition to the ridiculous talent and obvious passion required to compete at that level, he seemed to ooze intelligence. His English was very good and his thoughts were insightful and complex. I expect that Portuguese speakers were even more impressed. I admired his Brazilian pride and what he did for his home country. The home movies were very cool and served as a reminder for me to keep shooting my own kids as they grow.

He was clearly more aggressive than Prost, which he had to be. Prost (the master tactician) didn't have an answer for that. This was underscored in his contentious interview with Jackie Stewart, which was definitely my favorite part of the movie. He was a star, he knew it, and he held his ground with no apologies! In both of the big crashes between the two, it was clear to me that Post said "Eff it!" and cut off Senna on the inside.

It was clear who the new king would be. Had Senna lived, there's a good chance he would have won at least one of the championships in '94 or '95 that Schumacher did. Prost's timely retirement was probably his most savvy move of all. How many other athletes have the smarts to leave while on top of their game?

Is anyone aware of any inaccuracies or omissions in the film?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally watched this film. It totally moved me, I knew he was a great driver, but I didn't know about his work with the safety sides of F1. I also didn't know about his charity works.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

I also watched this the other day - due to the reading the book "the art of racing in the rain". There are multiple references to Senna in the book and i saw the film was on netflix. It is a a great film.... i recommend any motorsports fan watch it..
Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ryano
I also watched this the other day - due to the reading the book "the art of racing in the rain". There are multiple references to Senna in the book and i saw the film was on netflix. It is a a great film.... i recommend any motorsports fan watch it..
An old girlfriend recommended that book also. Said it reminded her of going to the Detroit and Canadian GP's of the early 80's.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
An old girlfriend recommended that book also. Said it reminded her of going to the Detroit and Canadian GP's of the early 80's.
It's a great book if you are a motorsports lover or a dog lover. Hard to not love a dog named Enzo

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM
BLT
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a must-see for any car aficionado, regardless of what genre. The film footage, the politics, and of course Ayrton himself. What a story; what a loss.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just watched it last weekend. Amazing talent, gone too soon.

Quick Reply: Ayrton Senna - US Theatrical Release Aug 12 in LA/NY.