Sponsored by:

Accurate 993 Paint and Interior codes list

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 01:33 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Accurate 993 Paint and Interior codes list

While I am working on a 993 option code and price file I decided to put together a paint and interior code list. There are many lists that show the 3 digit codes for carpets and materials but none that spell out the 993 options and what code they were (a search on Rennlist will show lots of requests and a couple of incomplete lists but nothing accurate).

The goal is to have the 2 digit codes used on the window sticker and the bottom of the paint code sticker matched to their 4 digit code and also to match the 2 digit code for interior colors to what they actually were.

I know there are many that are not on this list but I would prefer the list be accurate, many of the colors were used with a different combination of leather,carpet, dash and seats.

Please post your paint and interior code along with what it actually was in the car and maybe we can help someone in the future looking for the codes.

Post should be like this: WT is Marble grey with a blue dash top in partial leather with standard seats.

Bad post example: BG is beige

Thanks for your help (if it is OK with Mike J this will be added to pcarworkshop)

Please keep it to 993 options only, verified if possible.
Attached Images   
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
993 Paint codes.pdf (7.6 KB, 2057 views)
File Type: pdf
993 interior codes.pdf (8.1 KB, 2651 views)

Last edited by rsr91128; 02-04-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: update list
Old 08-07-2011, 03:19 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 481 Posts

Speed Yellow with a black interior:

Hood label (Paint no. / Interior): L12G LT

Luggage compartment "paint label":
12G 9 3
SPEEDGELB
X4

If the interior is partial leather, what part is leather and what part is not? What is the other material, vinyl?
Old 08-07-2011, 03:38 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Speed Yellow with a black interior:

Hood label (Paint no. / Interior): L12G LT

Luggage compartment "paint label":
12G 9 3
SPEEDGELB
X4

If the interior is partial leather, what part is leather and what part is not? What is the other material, vinyl?
The standard "partial leather interior" consists of seats that are "leather/leather/leatherette" (lower and upper seating area leather, seat back leatherette) and the dash, center console door tops etc are "leatherette"(vinyl). The full leather option replaces all of those areas with leather (can be easily determined by the stitching seen along the edges of the dash and console).

Thanks for posting your info!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:02 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128
Thanks for posting your info!
Sure enough, the Glasurit site lists 12G, 12H and 12Q for Speed Yellow.

I think the 12H is water-based. I have no idea what the 12Q is.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:17 PM
LvnTheDrm
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

L92M FJ
Is Polar Silver Metallic (as listed in your chart)
FJ
I thought it was "midnight blue"--but, according to your chart it's just "blue partial leather?" (FK is the midnight blue?). This car has the blue cab top, too...
Still learning my away around this new-to-me-car...Rennlist has been INVALUABLE to Thread efforts like this one--THANKS!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:25 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LvnTheDrm
L92M FJ
Is Polar Silver Metallic (as listed in your chart)
FJ
I thought it was "midnight blue"--but, according to your chart it's just "blue partial leather?" (FK is the midnight blue?). This car has the blue cab top, too...
Still learning my away around this new-to-me-car...Rennlist has been INVALUABLE to Thread efforts like this one--THANKS!
This is more of the confusion of the 2 digit codes, I was going by previous posts and what is listed on window stickers. I think the difference has to do with the dash color.

What color dashboard, carpet, steering wheel and door coverings does your car have? If my guess is right FJ will be all midnight blue (on a window sticker it just said blue, but in posts FK is referred to as midnight, I would guess both are partial leather just have a difference in highlight colors).
Old 08-07-2011, 06:51 PM
LvnTheDrm
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric,

The top of the dash is blue, and the face is black. Carpet is blue, steering wheel blue, and doors blue...
Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the reply, I updated the list, your interior is the "Midnight Blue partial leather interior" then, and according to old posts FK is midnight/black partial leather (black dash and wheel?)
Old 08-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Skye911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

this is my first post - but I read a lot before in this great forum.

If you pass this page through google translate you have all what you want here: http://www.elferclassic.de/technik/f...plack_gelb.php

Let me know should you have questions. Erik, if you find some color codes are missing these guys would be happy to receive an update I guess.

Greetings from Munich!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:54 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Skye911
Hi,

this is my first post - but I read a lot before in this great forum.

If you pass this page through google translate you have all what you want here: http://www.elferclassic.de/technik/f...plack_gelb.php

Let me know should you have questions. Erik, if you find some color codes are missing these guys would be happy to receive an update I guess.

Greetings from Munich!
Danke schön!

What an awesome website!!!

And welcome to rennlist!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's what I have. Exterior paint is black, interior is chestnut brown. (It looks less red in person than it does in the pic.) The only true leather bits are the fronts of the seats. Everything else is vinyl/plastic/whatever. The car is a '98 C2S, so those deviating stripes on the doors and dash are part of the C2S package, I believe.

I don't have the window sticker, unfortunately.
Attached Images    
Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

It's been discussed a number of times and well established that interior is _not_ described by a 2-letter code. There is a 3-letter/digit code for interior that is not printed on the underhood sticker. Do a search on this on Rennlist.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nile13
It's been discussed a number of times and well established that interior is _not_ described by a 2-letter code. There is a 3-letter/digit code for interior that is not printed on the underhood sticker. Do a search on this on Rennlist.
I fully understand that, however if you do a search you will notice dozens of "what does XX mean" with incorrect or incomplete answers. It obviously means a combination of colors between dash, carpet, seats, headliner etc... and from what I have seen multiple 3 digit codes can make up each 2 digit code so saying you have a DDQ interior is wrong as that is only a carpet code not the same code for the vinyl or leather, however if somebody listed what combination makes up code VR then maybe that could benefit someone in the future.

The previous lists and compilations I have found were incomplete and had no description of the actual placement of the color combnations.

To save a little time for future searchers, I took info from window stickers I have and put them in a list of what was described on the sticker, or from those who have posted a picture of their interior and the code (this is really the only way to determine the breakdown of the 2 digit # listed on the hood sticker, COA and window sticker, per Adrian's book "no attempt has been made to list these codes" I guess I am making an attempt, if you notice any that are wrong please let me know and I will remove it or change as needed).

Probably just a waste of my time, but insomnia has it's advantages
Old 08-07-2011, 11:55 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128
I fully understand that, however if you do a search you will notice dozens of "what does XX mean" with incorrect or incomplete answers. It obviously means a combination of colors between dash, carpet, seats, headliner etc... and from what I have seen multiple 3 digit codes can make up each 2 digit code so saying you have a DDQ interior is wrong as that is only a carpet code not the same code for the vinyl or leather, however if somebody listed what combination makes up code VR then maybe that could benefit someone in the future.

The previous lists and compilations I have found were incomplete and had no description of the actual placement of the color combnations.

To save a little time for future searchers, I took info from window stickers I have and put them in a list of what was described on the sticker, or from those who have posted a picture of their interior and the code (this is really the only way to determine the breakdown of the 2 digit # listed on the hood sticker, COA and window sticker, per Adrian's book "no attempt has been made to list these codes" I guess I am making an attempt, if you notice any that are wrong please let me know and I will remove it or change as needed).

Probably just a waste of my time, but insomnia has it's advantages
Erik, let me say it differently. I appreciate what you've done both with this list and the pricing list. If you searched for paint code, you've probably seen my name in a number of discussions about grey interiors in a 993. For the same reasons that you listed - insomnia and incomplete information elsewhere (exacerbated by the fact that my first 993 had Marble grey interior

I just wanted to mention that 2-letter codes are not specific and that should be mentioned.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Skye911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ed,

your color A1 translates to "schwarz 2C" ("black 2C").
The label codes can also be found on the website I've sent:
C02 = USA version
X54 = Oval-shaped muffler tips
159 = Engine sound package
249 = Tiptronic
432 = Steering wheel with Tiptronic controls
688 = Radio Blaupunkt Boston SQM 23

The interior color can't be found.

Gunter

Quick Reply: Accurate 993 Paint and Interior codes list