Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Eratic speedo, spoiler and ABS warning lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
samba-lee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eratic speedo, spoiler and ABS warning lights on.

So I took my Tip in for a new starter motor. That was ok, although the genuine Bosch recon unit (boxed with warranty) had a fault - they had not hooked one of the brush springs on properly! any after much head scratching that was sorted.

Now, the shop say you have an ABS light on fault, spoiler warning won't go out and speedo not working - that was news to me as I didn't have these problems when I drove in. Diagnostics say it was a rear wheel sensor so we fit a new one. Diagnostics say it's still the rear wheel sensor so now we are stuck right. I brought the car home because the labour charges were escalating.

I can't believe the coincidence of changing the starter then developing an ABS fault. It's dry here and has been for a while, I checked and cleaned the battery earth and it seems fine.

Whilst driving home the speedo fired up, albeit erratically, and the spoiler light went out, but the ABS light was on, I guess it sticks on until you stop and restart ?

Where do I go from here? this would appear to be connected with the speedo input whether it be from the actual sensor (which one is it ?) or through the ABS module, but does that feed the spoiler control ?

thanks in advance...

Lee

Quick Reply: Eratic speedo, spoiler and ABS warning lights on.