Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB / Trade stock parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:04 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Obviously the people looking at your car are either blind or stupid! Danny, your car looks sick! The red top ROCKS! I would just hold out for the right buyer. GLWS
Old 07-29-2011, 12:14 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 259 Posts

I have a set of stock springs you're welcome to for free plus shipping if that'll help ya.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:54 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

What is a complete stock suspension worth these days?? I have some of the components, I'll need to check to see what I have. I'd hold out for the right buyer and not convert your suspension back to stock.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:42 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
this cab appears to be well kept.

now, if you listed the car for $29500.00 "as is" you open a whole new market of buyers in the under 30k club for better chance of perking interests.

Once you put a 993 in the 20's it opens eyes....
Yeah, not happening When dealers price similar mile cabs over 40 grand both in the US and Canada, frankly i think my price is more than reasonable. If I have to sell it below 30K I might as well keep it and be done with it as it will not accomplish what I'm looking for financially and with the vehicle I need to purchase.

Originally Posted by 911Dave
I think most performance mods add some value, but most esthetic mods detract. Most buyers, myself included, much prefer a bone stock exterior and interior to start with, then they mod it to their taste. Once modded, it's "personalized" and somewhat of a turnoff for some buyers. There are always some exceptions though.

I would agree that the red top, though unique and not bad looking in my opinion, would be a harder sell than a stock black top. I can understand that turning off some buyers.

If I had saved my leaking original Monroe shocks, they'd be yours for free. I'm sure your prospects would pay extra for those.
My summation exactly. That is why I feel that at least if I put back the factory wheel, shifter and handbrake the car really returns back to stock as it was fully optioned to begin with ( over 80 grand the sticker!)
As for the shocks... LOL! I know.. crazy...

Originally Posted by Mike J
Don't forget Danny is in Vancouver, Canada and 993's command a bit of premium over the US prices, although there has been price pressure lately because of the very strong Canadian dollar.

The other option is just not mention the suspension at all, and sell the car without making that a feature. Its certainly better looking and handling with it.

Cheers,

Mike
With our CAD strong indeed it has compressed the market. However there will always be at least a 6%+inspection costs difference higher in Canada due to additional GST and modifications needed to get the car registered in Canada. I usually look at what US prices are been asked for, add a 7%-8% to that and get a reasonable asking price. For comparison there is another Rennlisters car with 27K more miles than mine listed for 35K and the recently posted cab with identical miles as mine in San Diego listed for 42K!
So my asking price I know its not out to lunch but a reasonably good deal for either side of the border.

Re the suspension, Mike this is the last I'm going to change up...IF I do...

Originally Posted by aribop
Obviously the people looking at your car are either blind or stupid! Danny, your car looks sick! The red top ROCKS! I would just hold out for the right buyer. GLWS
Thanks! I think so too

Originally Posted by sanyata
I have a set of stock springs you're welcome to for free plus shipping if that'll help ya.
Thanks! very kind of you!

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
What is a complete stock suspension worth these days?? I have some of the components, I'll need to check to see what I have. I'd hold out for the right buyer and not convert your suspension back to stock.
Thanks Harlan!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:39 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Don't forget Danny is in Vancouver, Canada and 993's command a bit of premium over the US prices, although there has been price pressure lately because of the very strong Canadian dollar.

However, dropping it below $30K is nuts, its not $5K to revert it back, if it is then drop to $33K and see what happens. It all depends on how much time you have, and be clear to prospective buyers that low ballers get kicked out really quick.

The other option is just not mention the suspension at all, and sell the car without making that a feature. Its certainly better looking and handling with it.

Cheers,

Mike
by the time you remove suspension and top and then buy replacements and have it installed and aligned you can eat up $5000.00.

$30 is were the market is. (1995 model year engine, 60k+ miles)
$29 range are were the buyers are.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

I've got a real nice oem 4spoke wheel with or without airbag--from 95.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 AM
Marco8
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent

Quick Reply: WTB / Trade stock parts